July Challenge

Options
With summer fast approaching, I want to try something that will kick start my fitness/weigh loss goals. I know I am on a plateau, so I need to make an addition to my fitness routine. I propose: to complete 100 burpees daily for the month of July. Just think how a little plyo will increase my cardio, strength, endurance....

Anyone with me?:bigsmile:

Replies

• bubblesburst80
    bubblesburst80 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    i don't know if i'll make 100 burpees but i'd love to give it a go - what is plyo tho?
  • TiffyCooper
    Options
    Um.... what are burpees? I dunno if my hubby will appreciate those. Lol! ;-)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a great idea. I found a great plyo routine in Oxygen Magazine's Fat Loss issue. Add me if you'd like...I have no idea how to start an actual group though!
  • bubblesburst80
    Options
    burpees are where you start standing up, drop into a squat with your hands on the floor then kick you legs out, back into a squat then stand up again,
    prob not the best explanation but i hope you get the idea
  • tsuki_ryuu
    tsuki_ryuu Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I saw a video on YouTube of burpees. I don't think I'm quite ready for that. But all the more power to you!!
  • TamTamLove88
    Options
    BURPEES ARE EVIL! LOL:laugh:
  • literarylin
    Options
    Plyo - plyometrics... jump training. Exercises that make your heart want to leap out of your chest....

I just did my 100 for the day in 9:19...
  • literarylin
    Options
    They are!!!
  • MissConfidence
    Options
    interesting... very interesting...
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    I will try this challenge! I'm making no promises though. Lol:laugh:
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Do they have to be consecutive for the challenge? LOL I could probably do 4 sets of 25...
  • HotMamaByVday
    HotMamaByVday Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am in, but for the record, I HATE BURPEES.
  • bubblesburst80
    Options
    i'll give it a go
  • MissConfidence
    Options
    there are also beginner burpees which I'm going to attempt to do daily in july.. i'm not quite advanced yet (at all!!) but have no excuse not to try and do the beginner ones at least! i'm setting my goal at just 25 daily but will hopefully surpass that easily!
  • bubblesburst80
    Options
    i like the sound of beginner ones, how do they work?
  • MissConfidence
    Options
    i like the sound of beginner ones, how do they work?

doing a random youtube search i found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIQx1FiQt50
    looks doable in my current fitness level!
  • bubblesburst80
    Options
    [/quote]

doing a random youtube search i found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIQx1FiQt50
    looks doable in my current fitness level!
    [/quote]

i'll have a look later on when the comp wants to work
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Yesterday July 1st I did 25 burpees! OK, not what I needed to do, but at least it was some:ohwell: Plan on adding few more everyday and hopefully by the end of July I can do 100!:smile: I also really hate Burpees! But I will do this:happy:
  • Brittany041989
    Options
    Im in! :)
  • MissConfidence
    Options
    going to give it a go right now...! Missed the first day, but got another 30 days to slowly increase how many I can do!