Zesty Lime Shrimp & Avocado Salad

Options
_SusieQ_
_SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
My picky husband who HATES anything "light" or "healthy" actually said to me, I could eat this once a week! I got this from Gina's skinnytaste.com website. I truly think she has the absolute BEST healthy recipes anywhere! I actually took a soft corn tortilla and put some of this salad on it for a light soft taco.

Zesty Lime Shrimp and Avocado Salad

Zesty lime juice and cilantro are the key ingredients to creating this light and refreshing salad, no heavy mayonnaise to weigh it down. Made with the freshest ingredients; jumbo shrimp, avocados, tomatoes, red onion, cilantro and chopped jalapeño tossed with some freshly squeezed lime juice and a touch of olive oil.

This will be a huge hit at your Cinco de Mayo fiesta or summer bash! Serve this as is for an appetizer, or over lettuce o tostadas for a lunch or light meal. You can easily adapt this to suit your taste by adding more or less cilantro, jalapeño etc. If you plan on making this ahead of time, you can combine all the ingredients except for the avocado and cilantro and keep this refrigerated, then add them right before serving. This easily doubles for a large crowd.

Shrimp is low in fat and calories, but tends to be naturally high in sodium so if you are on a restricted sodium diet, you may want to limit your shrimp intake. Moving forward, I will be posting the sodium info on new recipes without the salt as most foods contain sodium. If you use salt be sure to adjust the nutritional info.

Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 7/8 cup • Old Points: 4 pt • Points+: 5 pt
Calories: 210.4 • Fat: 9.2 g • Protein: 25.1 g • Carb: 7.8 g • Fiber: 3.6 g • Sugar: 0.6
Sodium without salt: 260.8 mg

1 lb jumbo cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined, chopped*
1 medium tomato, diced
1 hass avocado, diced
1 jalapeno, seeds removed, diced fine
1/4 cup chopped red onion
2 limes, juice of
1 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp chopped cilantro
salt and fresh pepper to taste

In a small bowl combine red onion, lime juice, olive oil, pinch of salt and pepper. Let them marinate at least 5 minutes to mellow the flavor of the onion.
In a large bowl combine chopped shrimp, avocado, tomato, jalapeño. Combine all the ingredients together, add cilantro and gently toss. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.

Makes 3 1/2 cups.

Replies

• ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    sounds good.. going to try this soon.
  • brianna626
    brianna626 Posts: 156
    Options
    This sounds so good, I can't wait to make it! Thank you for sharing.
  • cccathyyy
    cccathyyy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the website and recipe! :)
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    mmm, bump!
  • meemo88
    meemo88 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    mmmmmmmmmm :)
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    That sounds great. . . Is like like a cold salad or? I guess I picker my husband scooping with chips. .
  • sd101483
    sd101483 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Yum! Sounds delish! Thanks!
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    This is going to be sooo yummy!

Thanks for sharing.
  • Mveler
    Mveler Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Calories and serving size?
  • mdward79
    mdward79 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • Tarilynn
    Tarilynn Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Shrimp and avocado!!!! Sounds awesome - THANKS - gonna give it a try this weekend:flowerforyou:
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Ooooh...that sounds awesome. I may have to try it!
  • BeccyBerry
    BeccyBerry Posts: 312
    Options
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm this sound great xx
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Sounds wonderful....just copied it...and going to make it this weekend....my whole family will love it!!!!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Bump. . . .Thank you so much. . . that is now what I am going to have for lunch today!:smile:
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Yes Sunshine it's a cold salad. My husband ate most of it with a fork like a salad, then scooped some up with chips. It's versatile!

Calories: 210.4 • Fat: 9.2 g • Protein: 25.1 g • Carb: 7.8 g • Fiber: 3.6 g • Sugar: 0.6
  • where_next
    where_next Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yummy, sounds great
  • torregro
    torregro Posts: 307
    Options

Shrimp is low in fat and calories, but tends to be naturally high in sodium so if you are on a restricted sodium diet, you may want to limit your shrimp intake. Moving forward, I will be posting the sodium info on new recipes without the salt as most foods contain sodium. If you use salt be sure to adjust the nutritional info.

Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes

The recipe sounds yummy, but not sure how the recipe has such a low sodium count? I looked at a lot of shrimp labels today while at the market and they ranged from 300 to 500 mg of sodium per 4 ounce serving.
  • tlzidon
    tlzidon Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    bump, love avocado and shrimp
  • jmikels67
    jmikels67 Posts: 116
    Options
    Yum - looking forward to this - I have 2 avocados right now that I need to use!