It's not a short term diet. It's a long term lifestyle change.

Options
Finally, it's becoming a way of life. Joining the MFP community turned my life around. No more guilt about food. I learned that we all struggle. I felt guilty because I could eat an entire bag of cookies in two days. Even the most successful struggle with weight loss. It's not as complex as we make it.

I actually love logging now. Don't stop. Keep logging. Keep trying. It will become a new and rewarding lifestyle for you.

Replies

• clark614
    clark614 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement! I, too, am loving MFP
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Well said!
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Very well said, finally paying attention and doing it properly has reduced the emotional toll weight loss usually has on my mental health. I'm doing much better this time around.
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Yes! MFP removed all those shoulds from my shoulders! I eat healthy now because I like it. About time I figured out that healthy food isn't the same as diet food ;) My ability to eat excessively does not make me special. It's healthy appetite and I can finally enjoy food without fear :relaxed:
  • bellabonbons
    Options
    Asher yes awesome! Experts confer that the reason diets fail is because of restrictions. With MFP there are no restrictions every food we love we can enjoy!
  • mysticatgal1
    mysticatgal1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm finally getting this! you said it perfectly.
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Huzzah! Yes. On Sunday my dad said something about me having pudding after Sunday roast "I thought you were trying to lose weight". Yes but that doesn't mean only eating certain foods on certain days or saying no to cake and treats. It's about balancing.
  • bellabonbons
    Options
    Huzzah! Yes. On Sunday my dad said something about me having pudding after Sunday roast "I thought you were trying to lose weight". Yes but that doesn't mean only eating certain foods on certain days or saying no to cake and treats. It's about balancing.

The bonus of counting calories !
  • kimwitt2009
    kimwitt2009 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    That's what I am learning and loving! Because how can you say you are not ever going to eat xyz again! Last weekend me and my hubby went to Olive Garden...I did fine. I had a bowl of the gnocchi soup, ONE bread stick and a half serving of lasagna. I brought the other half home for dinner another night. Yes it was most of my allotted calories for the day, but I wasn't hungry all day either and it was good! Lol..you don't realize how much you are eating until you get into the details of logging it. My logging may not be 100% accurate, but I put it all down and I have my calories set at 1300 and generally stay under that so it gives room for error. I have been loosing so it's working for me. Everyone is different. I don't weigh stuff exactly, however I do measure everything possible. It may come to having to weigh stuff later if loosing slows down. But I am sure I am loosing because I have probably cut my caloric intake by double the amount!
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    After being on here for a while now, I don't worry about not being able to weigh food say if I eat out or away from home, as I know how much and what I can eat to fit into my calories. I'm not scared of fats or carbs as I can just choose healthier options. I still think about food a lot, but in a good way. I look forward to my meals and planning what new foods I can try rather than dread thinking what little choice of "diet" food I have. I have still restricted myself and cut out foods, but these are foods I know will derail me and that I want to completely cut out forever. Because as you said it's long term.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    fr33sia12 wrote: »
    After being on here for a while now, I don't worry about not being able to weigh food say if I eat out or away from home, as I know how much and what I can eat to fit into my calories. I'm not scared of fats or carbs as I can just choose healthier options. I still think about food a lot, but in a good way. I look forward to my meals and planning what new foods I can try rather than dread thinking what little choice of "diet" food I have. I have still restricted myself and cut out foods, but these are foods I know will derail me and that I want to completely cut out forever. Because as you said it's long term.

I almost had to check if I just made another post in this thread :o