Sick and messed up :(

Options
Ok so I am currently at 49.8 kg and my goal weight is 49. I usually eat 1200-1300 cals during the weak and then cheat a bit on the weekend. However, this week I was sick . I had stomach pain and sore throat and I ate 2 wraps , 3 packets skips , atkins bar and A LOT AND A LOT of soup ( about 10 bowls) I am feeling down , sad and am afraid of the scale. What can I do?

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Get well. And move on.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Getting sick happens. :) Trust that your body knew what it needed to heal and move on.
  • healthy491
    healthy491 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Yes , i am sure I am sick as I went to the doctor and told me I have too much acid in my stomach and flu as well.
    Thank you all for your help! Really appreciate it
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    You're super close to goal...when you're that close a lot of people pick a range like 48kg-50kg as a happy range that's just a bit below and above ideal because you will most certainly have fluctuations:) You've done well...you're so close and you're sick so love yourself enough to be easier on yourself. You wouldn't yell at a girlfriend who was sick and ate off plan, would you? ;)
  • HuskyGent
    HuskyGent Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on. Stuff happens, can't help getting sick, and when you're under par the calorie counting can get pushed to the side.

I ate 800 calories worth of shortbread yesterday - total anxiety eating because I was waiting for potentially scary test results. The scales showed an increase this morning but I can't change it, so the only way is to just keep going. C'mon, we've got this!

Exactly this.
    In every part of life there will be stumbling blocks and setbacks. The important thing is to not obsess about them. Stay focussed. You can still reach your goal, it might just take a little longer.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    49kgs? How tall are you?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    49kgs? How tall are you?

And how old. Good question.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    10 bowls of soup and you are sick? this made me nauseous thinking about consuming that much soup.

Flu and too much acid in the stomach.. did all the soup help with that?

OP, what you consumed has already been consumed! No choice but to log it and move on. Or not log and move on. If you had homemade soup and homemade wraps it probably is not loaded with sodium but if you did canned soup and fast food wraps, probably laden with sodium. I might skip the scale for two days IMHO.
  • Anaris2014
    Anaris2014 Posts: 138 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Comfort food when sick is completely normal. Gaining a little bit of weight as a result is just one of life's little challenges.

Me, I'd go for the comfort food when sick and then work a little bit harder when I was well again to get back to where I want to be. It's bad enough feeling like rubbish when you're sick, no point compounding it by punishing yourself for wanting something delicious to make you feel a bit better.

I dont know about everyone else out there, but I am not doing this to be strict and obsessive every days for the rest of my life. I am going to have ups and downs, I'm going to have holidays where I eat like a pig and I'm going to have spells when working my backside off to get fitter and stronger. If you're in it for the long haul, focus on the bigger goals. Not the scales today or tomorrow, but how you'll feel a month, 6 months or a year from now.

ETA: I might just be validating the fact that I've had an annoying cough/cold that just wont go away, so I've not been to the gym in nearly two weeks. No one needs to hear me coughing up a lung on the treadmill, nor spreading my germs around the weight machines.
  • healthy491
    Options
    Guys , the wrapd were both whole wheat and small with only some light cheese and a slice of deli ham and the soup is made of vegetables and home made. And yes I am sick and am craving junk food but I did not give in and ate all of those instead.
  • healthy491
    Options
    And also I am 157 cm tall and 18 yrs old
  • healthy491
    Options
    49kgs? How tall are you?

And how old. Good question.

18 years and 157cm tall
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on. You have to remember that you're human and not every day is going to be perfect.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Just get better and go back to your normal routine. If you gained a pound or something you will lose it.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    BMI 20.2 at current weight. You're at the low side of the healthy range. Cut yourself some slack.
  • maggieeric1
    maggieeric1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I don't log when I'm sick. OP hope you fell better soon. Flu is no fun. Rest and feel better.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Don't believe the scale when you're sick anyway, your body is concentrating on fighting it and will take on or shed large amounts of water in the process, making your scale number totally misleading. Just concentrate on getting better and leave weight loss to one side for just now.

Your level of anxiety seems really excessive. It's not a huge disaster, it's just one bout of strange eating (perfectly normal especially when ill) and will not do any harm, especially as you weigh so little to start with and your goal is so marginal. 0.8kg is less than your daily weight fluctuation due to water, I'm honestly not sure how you would even know if you'd lost it.

Give yourself a break. If you are not able to let it go even for a week it makes me concerned that you should maybe get some help.
  • txkatgrace
    txkatgrace Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have been the same ever since my ultrasound. I had a uterine ultrasound to find the status of a tumor that I now need surgery for. Ever since the ultrasound I have been cramping and achy and sometimes nauseous. The past two days where very painful. I try to eat healthy during these days, but also take care not to make myself sick. Then I get back on track and keep going. This is just the example of life, there will be good days and bad days, the most important goal is to get through the bad days and get back on track when you can. Just don't stop. When I hurt and don't feel like working out I walk on my treadmill. If you don't have a treadmill, pace your house or your back yard or you apartment complex for as long as you can to keep moving, for 20 minutes to an hour if you can keep it up that long. I'm typing this at 2:30 am on a day I'm off because the pain woke me up and is keeping me from sleeping. But I've been through worse and I'll get through this too.