First goal met...booyah!

Options
diamondgirl50
diamondgirl50 Posts: 71 Member
Thirteen weeks ago I was within kissing distance of 400 pounds. Today I hit my first goal of losing 10% of my weight! After battling weight issues my whole adult life, something has clicked thanks to MFP and the help of everyone's input on these boards. Though I have been on/off MFP for a handful of years and I could do well for 5-6 weeks, things would inevitably start to unravel. So along with the scale victory, more importantly is the NSV of keeping at it! Learning as I go and excited to be turning the corner on my health and future!

Replies

• StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Yahoo! good for you, keep up the good work and keep at it.
  • Steven_626
    Steven_626 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work!
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Great job! On to the next goal!
  • BinaryFu
    BinaryFu Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I started off at 398lbs, I know how you feel! Honestly, set milestones you want to see along the way - as you reach them you'll get a real sense of accomplishment and you'll feel like, "Wow, that was easy, let's get that next one!" and when you have those days where it's been not so great, you can see where you've been, what you've accomplished so far and where your next milestone is to give you that determination.

Keep going, you're well on your way to a healthy you for life!
  • diamondgirl50
    Options
    BinaryFu wrote: »
    I started off at 398lbs, I know how you feel! Honestly, set milestones you want to see along the way - as you reach them you'll get a real sense of accomplishment and you'll feel like, "Wow, that was easy, let's get that next one!" and when you have those days where it's been not so great, you can see where you've been, what you've accomplished so far and where your next milestone is to give you that determination.

Keep going, you're well on your way to a healthy you for life!

Thanks for the encouragement and wisdom. Since our starting weights were similar I have a question. When and what did you do regarding exercise? I have been walking, well, more like sashaying, a bit each day but have not pushed it up to this point. Now that I have the 10% off my joints and vascular system I am considering increasing exercise or do I need to get my numbers down a bit more before I put more demand on my body? Any thoughts?
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Thirteen weeks ago I was within kissing distance of 400 pounds. Today I hit my first goal of losing 10% of my weight! After battling weight issues my whole adult life, something has clicked thanks to MFP and the help of everyone's input on these boards. Though I have been on/off MFP for a handful of years and I could do well for 5-6 weeks, things would inevitably start to unravel. So along with the scale victory, more importantly is the NSV of keeping at it! Learning as I go and excited to be turning the corner on my health and future!

That is a truly wonderful accomplishment. I hope you feel strong and proud for coming this far. May that strength serve you well through your journey!
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    Wonderful progress!
  • GolfingDad5
    GolfingDad5 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the good work!
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic...! Those 'click' moments are what it's all about... keep at it! :)
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Nice job! Keep walking-- longer and faster! Sooner rather than later you'll want to add weight training to build strength.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    bb8-lighter.gif
  • diamondgirl50
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Nice job! Keep walking-- longer and faster! Sooner rather than later you'll want to add weight training to build strength.

Thank you for the input and encouragement. Will increase my time today...the speed will come with cardio improvement. Onward!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!