Alternatives to Sweetened Coffee Creamer

Options
2»

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Cashew milk is the best in coffee. Way better than almond. Walden farms creamer is good I have tried the vanilla.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    A tablespoon of heavy cream is 50 calories, add in ten grams of honey for 30 more.
  • Jenpiddles
    Jenpiddles Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I mix my grounds with cinnamon, brew, then I add 2Tbsp half and half (40 cals), and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (about 10 cals).
  • rhsdancer5
    rhsdancer5 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I like to add some protein powder to coffee sometimes! It helps me get enough protein and it is like the powder cream stuff. Also I agree with trying flavored coffee!
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    A tablespoon of heavy cream is 50 calories, add in ten grams of honey for 30 more.

Sooo... there are 12 cups in a pot of coffee. About 2 calories per cup of black coffee. 12 cups x 80 extra calories per cup equals 960 calories. Plus the 24 calories for just the coffee. I aim for 1527 per day, minus 960 in coffee additives and 24 for coffee = a grand total of 543 calories worth of food per day... no thanks. :P
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    SO Delicious offers their coconut milk in shelf-stable tetra packs that can be resealed once open. I've found that both (the original and the light) make wonderful coffee creamers, and you can add stevia or honey on your own, if you want.
  • trinati2001
    trinati2001 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I was unable to find a good alternative at first, so I simply stopped putting sweetener, or sweetened creamers in my coffee. I still do cream (can't live without it), but haven't had sweetener in a year. Lately I've turned to flavored coffees, because I find that gives it a little more of that 'sweet' flavor.

I used to be just like you. I couldn't live with out the milk in my coffee. But this week I decided to try it black, after experimenting with a 0 cal flavor that was discusting. And it's ok. I still love it with milk but I'm only going to do that as a treat. I'm now on day 3 of black coffee. Here's to day 4, I se need to go downstairs and get that cup.