Vacation tips, and thoughts

Options
So I recently went on a short (5 day) vacation. I mostly ate "okay" though I ate mindlessly two days of the five. I managed to exercise (only got to walk, but got in an hour a day) every single day.

Even so, I gained and it took two weeks to get back to normal. Besides that, it was harder to run, when I got home, and it's taken about two weeks to rebuild the stamina!

I'm getting ready to go on a 10-day European vacation with a good friend. I'll be staying with her so we can run/make meals in. But still, I worry that 10 days of not being in routine will really F&^% things up.

Anyone have thoughts about this?

Best,

Debbie

Replies

• PersianFlower
    PersianFlower Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Back when I was thinner and had dropped 25 lbs I took a week vacation with my mom to the beach. She purchased a pack of donuts for breakfast to last us LOL but somehow I managed to lose weight that week. My advice, keep up your walking! I was able to walk 1-2 hours each day and swim when we hit the beach.

Aside from that I didn't track when/what I ate but I avoided starches and creamy soups. I aimed for fresh crab legs, grilled fish and salads with dressing on the side (vinaigrette and no oils!) I got a piece of salt water taffy each day, had yogurts for snacks and enjoyed smoothies.

Check out what local fare you will have access to and see whats healthy before you go. Hope that helps!
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    Options
    Keep moving. Relax. Enjoy yourself. That's what vacations are for...

Hollycat
    :flowerforyou: