Any advice on either whey or other mass gainer

Options
Im trying to get bigger but have an extremly fast motabolism im about to add a mass gainer but raw beyond is out of my price range even tho i seen best results what other supplements i can take. And should i try whey out n seehow it works

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    How many calories are you eating? It's generally unlikely to have a fast metabolism. Some people are very active and have a high TDEE, but it's not their metabolism.. it's a high NEAT.

If you struggle with getting calories, look at this thread: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read#latest
  • joncooper1980
    joncooper1980 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Mass gainers are a waste of money and are generally just loaded with sugar. Agree with the comment above. what are you currently eating?
  • wakamaka
    wakamaka Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You should get whey and use it for quick normal protein shakes and blending your own mass gainer. There are plenty of mass gainer shake recipes online that use the staple cheap ingredients: whey, whole milk, Greek yogurt, oats (I prefer quick oats), peanut butter, and a banana. Invest in a blender and you can drink yourself 700+ calories per 16oz of gainer. Mass gainer powders are typically protein + lots of sugar anyways.