Stress

Options
I need some stress busters after a long hard day at work all i want is circus animal cookies the pink and white ones with the frosting they make me feel like a child and bring me back to my happy place or I take a long soak in the tub with a glass of wine and my book of the month. I want to stop eating my stress.....

what are somethings you do when the stress of life is getting you down. I get off work at 11 at night so walking around scares me.

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Do couch 2 5k so you can run instead of walk. When i get stressed out now i automatically think I want to run away and then come back instead of eating something like chocolate. It is nice to have that reaction now.
  • timlord
    timlord Posts: 158
    Options
    Set a few pairs of dumbbells out in various places around your house. In places you will always pass by. When you feel stressed pick them up and bend, press, squat or pull or curl, 15-20 times with correct form, until it becomes a habit to help replace the stress. good luck
  • Akamommy1975
    Options
    I crochet to keep the stress at bay. It keeps my hands busy and is good for stress busting.
  • tawnydale
    tawnydale Posts: 34
    Options
    Keep a yoga dvd or print out handy...thats my GO TO...when I need it...which is why I'm headed to a class tonight. If you can't get to a class...try the dvd or print out ..:D
  • tkcasta
    tkcasta Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I like to go for a walk by myself and just listen to my ipod. Usually I listen to podcasts, especially ones that make me laugh. It really helps. I also like to do arts and crafts, there is something so cathartic about using your hands and creating a piece of art.
  • sweetiepie31612
    sweetiepie31612 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'm studying for the NYS bar exam right now and planning THREE weddings all set for this summer. Every night I go for a walk and/or run. I call it beating my ***** back. I get stressed and I get *****y, the exercise helps. I'm under serious time constraints so drinking is out. But normally when I'm stressed I'll have a glass or 2 of wine, light some candles, and write in my journal. Writing always helps me. I know you work late, but maybe try stretching when you get home. That helps relax the muscles.
  • kwhinson
    kwhinson Posts: 4
    Options
    I agree with yoga or simply just stretching! Check your local listing for free options On Demand too - they've had some great options for yoga and stretching lately (that are free!!). Yoga will also help with your breathing which is often what people use to calm down or ease anxiety. Good luck!