Replies

• ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I saw that, too! GO FAYE! :)
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! And now, NO ONE has any reason to be embarrassed to weigh their foods in restaurants.
    'I asked her once: "Are you still using the scales, Faye?" She said: "Yes, people laugh at me but I don't care. They keep me slender."

Hellz yeah!

• angerelle
    angerelle Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I refuse to read the Daily Mail, on principle and on health grounds. But I get the gist, good for Faye.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Such a great actress, in some of literally the greatest movies ever made. Hell it's her life, go ahead and weigh your food I say, Faye! I'll bet she even weighs her salad.
  • MrsLuca
    MrsLuca Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I like this! I brought my kitchen scale in my purse to Five Guys today so I could weigh fries.
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    CiaraCatch wrote: »
    I don't like this at all. I think it's obsessive.

Obsessive for a "normal" person, yeah I agree. But for a celebrity, considering all the dinners, lunches & other opportunities to overeat - it's probably not that obsessive. Better than the "juice cleanse" or "proslim watermelon 9000 megaevolution fairyfarts" everyone else is promoting.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I love that she is doing things that work for her.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I too do not read the Daily Mail but I did click on it for the purpose of this thread. For all the reasons a person might think that this is a bit overkill and obsessive, I am one of those.

But what one does to their own accord is their own business and none of mine.
  • emmaprocopiou
    emmaprocopiou Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I like the fact she states she can eat what she wants just In appropriate portions.
    I personally couldn't whip out a scale at a restaurant but in a society where celebs are promoting all kinds of woo diet , cleanses , detox etc its definitely refreshing
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I won't be doing that any time soon. If I am going out (which isn't often) I will not worry about weighing my food...I will eat until I am satisfied.
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    KateTii wrote: »
    CiaraCatch wrote: »
    I don't like this at all. I think it's obsessive.

Obsessive for a "normal" person, yeah I agree. But for a celebrity, considering all the dinners, lunches & other opportunities to overeat - it's probably not that obsessive.

Thank you for this perspective! Makes a lot of sense!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    I think its a shame that anyone would have to be that obsessed to have to carry scales when eating out. When you've weighed your food for a while you get to know by eyeballing portion sizes, its not rocket science.

If I've learned anything from my 4yrs here on MFP its that I can now judge how many calories is on my plate just by looking at it.
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I think its a shame that anyone would have to be that obsessed to have to carry scales when eating out. When you've weighed your food for a while you get to know by eyeballing portion sizes, its not rocket science.

If I've learned anything from my 4yrs here on MFP its that I can now judge how many calories is on my plate just by looking at it.

Even if you weigh food often, eyeballing portion sizes at restaurants is incredibly inaccurate (they don't cook like you do at home, often using a lot more fats/oils). But, I would argue that if you are weighing everything at home, then being inaccurate at a restaurant on occasion is OK and that it is better to use balance and moderation than a scale at restaurants.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options

Well, I've been here 6 years and my stomach is still bigger than my eyes so I will continue to weigh my food. :):)

The one time a year I go to a real restaurant, I don't take a scale but I have taken to eating half and weighing the other half at home later.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I like this! I brought my kitchen scale in my purse to Five Guys today so I could weigh fries.

They give you a ton!
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    That's where I draw the line - I weigh food at home, but I'm not carrying a food scale with me out to eat. I agree that it's a bit obsessive. I can be obsessive at home but not in front of people at a restaurant. :):):)

Kudos to her that she doesn't care what people think, I guess.

When I get takeout, I do weigh restaurant things at home on occasion so that I can get a mental picture of how much a serving is.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Dear god what did she do to her face??

I know that's not the topic but dang.
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options

I like.

It doesn't take 4 years at all. It took me less than 4 months to drop all the counting, logging.

I could eat a bit more or a bit less. The bathroom scale is a guidance. The energy requirement/level is a great feed back. And mfp is entertaining :)