Low Impact Home Strength Building program for Beginners, available in a book or streaming

Options
Hey there,

I know this is very specific, but it's necessary because I don't have a tv and also travel a lot. Plus, both my work and home laptop are Macs, so they don't have a DVD drive. I guess I could buy one if absolutely necessary.

I'm looking for a beginner's strength building program that's structured. I sort of built my own with lots of internet research, but it's becoming time consuming and sort of confusing.

I don't mind paying for it, and I can use/buy basic home equipment for it.

I was thinking of p90, but if anyone has any other ideas that would be great. Cardio is something I can focus on my own, so I'm looking for a workout that focuses on building lean muscle mass.

Seems like a lot of the beginner workouts out there focus on cardio.

Thanks!

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    You can subscribe to Beachbody and get a bunch of streaming exercise videos, strength & cardio. (Not a coach.)
  • augustremulous
    augustremulous Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I did subscribe to Beachbody! Literally right before I started this thread. I was so excited. Then I saw that P90 wasn't included with the membership. I looked for other beginner muscle building/strength building ones, but they don't have any. All the beginner programs are either cardio/dance or stretching/yoga//tai chi. The muscle building ones are all advanced.

I saw that and immediately came here and also posted on bodybuilding.com for advice. The folks over and bodybuilding.com are suggesting I just get an adjustable kettlebell and do old school exercises for a few months before I go on.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169172473

Thoughts?
  • britebloomz
    britebloomz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Get Mark Lauren''s, Body by You. The physical book and not the ebook. It's a very structured progressive bodyweight program for beginners. Just 30 minutes and you're done. No special equipment needed,. I would recommend bracing something under the door though if your doorframe isn't very strong. It was a great introduction for me into strength training. Good luck!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    you can do convict training or you are your own gym
  • samwiserabbit
    samwiserabbit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Fitnessblender.com
    You can buy a structured plan that tells you when to do which of their free online workout videos. The low impact plan incorporates a fair bit of strength work and is good for beginners. After that you could get one of their other strength plans that are a little more hard core.
  • augustremulous
    augustremulous Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    omg these all look great