Another dern Fitbit question

Options
ljk0615
ljk0615 Posts: 160 Member
edited May 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
I have a Fitbit charge hr. I am within five pounds of goal weight and am attempting recomp by lifting heavy and keeping a small deficit so I aim to eat back most exercise calories. I lift with a lot of intensity, little rest, an hour and a halfish usually. I know everyone says this, but I feel like I work really freakin hard when I work out. My question is, if calories burned while weightlifting is inflated by the heart rate monitor, should I take it off while I lift? I hate to do this bc I like to turn the timer on to keep track of how long I've been at the gym....

Replies

• DVall30
    DVall30 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Well lifting heavy will burn more calories by raising your HR because its more taxing on the body so i dont think your numbers are innacurate. But weightlifting will build muscle which would probably make your scale go up or stay the same by adding muscle and burning fat
  • ljk0615
    ljk0615 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Yeah the scale has gone up about 2-3 pounds in 6 months or so and its frustrating bc I am so diligent with my logging and weigh and measure, on and on, and I can't help but think I'm trusting the Fitbit data a little too much. I hate to unsync it with mfp bc it's a really big motivator for me.
  • soccerkon26
    soccerkon26 Posts: 596 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Personally, I take my Fitbit off when doing any type of lifting/weighted exercises because I'd rather underestimate than overestimate.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Leave it on and try to end up with 100 extra cals or so at the end of the day if you lifted? To account for any overestimation...
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    All calorie burns are estimates so I typically only eat back 25-50% no matter what type I'm doing. I try to always have 2-300 left over (fitbit usually sends over 600-1100 in a sync).