Students that are fighting to lose the pounds team (ages 18-

Options
This is specifically for students who are in highschool or even in college that are fighting to lose the pounds and want to join a team. I know kids especially can have cravings with being in college having to order pizzas. Who has time to cook when all you do is study and work right? Or you're a mom and have to always take care of kids and go to school. It's rough and that's why we're in this together. I'm composing this myself, so to meet the following I'd like everyone who's interested to put the following in each of their post:
Their name
their calories allowed daily
how many they consumed
how many they went over
their weight (if they chose to post it, or how many pounds lost) I understand weight is a private thing and you don't have to post yours if you don't want to this is just for fun! The starting of this will be Saturday, January 17,2009 until Tuesday, Febuary,17,2009. So let's see who's motivated the most! Feel free to post recipe tips, exercise tips, or post questions. Remember to eat every 2-3 hours, don't go over your daily intake, and drink 8-10 glasses of water!!! :) This is not about who loses the most the fastest..it's about people who are motivated and have the most goals and are most committed to sticking with it. :drinker:

Replies

• ryiko
    ryiko Posts: 76
    Options
    This is specifically for students who are in highschool or even in college that are fighting to lose the pounds and want to join a team. I know kids especially can have cravings with being in college having to order pizzas. Who has time to cook when all you do is study and work right? Or you're a mom and have to always take care of kids and go to school. It's rough and that's why we're in this together. I'm composing this myself, so to meet the following I'd like everyone who's interested to put the following in each of their post:
    Their name
    their calories allowed daily
    how many they consumed
    how many they went over
    their weight (if they chose to post it, or how many pounds lost) I understand weight is a private thing and you don't have to post yours if you don't want to this is just for fun! The starting of this will be Saturday, January 17,2009 until Tuesday, Febuary,17,2009. So let's see who's motivated the most! Feel free to post recipe tips, exercise tips, or post questions. Remember to eat every 2-3 hours, don't go over your daily intake, and drink 8-10 glasses of water!!! :) This is not about who loses the most the fastest..it's about people who are motivated and have the most goals and are most committed to sticking with it. :drinker:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I like this idea! It can be really challenging to have school full time, job full or part time, homework, plus now I'm a Senior and I'm dealing with huge end-of-the-year projects I have to do to graduate with honors, and I'm trying to get another 4.0 to get my GPA up, and I have to apply loans to pay for the credits for my internship, and find an internship, and keep my apartment clean and take care of my rats and make meals and steer clear of the easy junk food and of course exercise! .....whew.

Technically it's Saturday, so I'll just post now. :laugh:

Name: Gabrielle
    Allotted Calories: 1533
    Consumed Calories: 1533 (weird that it worked out)
    Weight: 133 (haven't changed my ticker, I'm bad about weighing and tracking lol)

Goals:
    <20% body fat and/or 120-125 lbs
    Get back into running 3+ times/week
    Stop nibbling on cookies from Subway that my employees keep bringing in! :explode:
  • Maybaby
    Maybaby Posts: 18
    Options
    Great idea...

Name: Lauren
    Allotted Calories: 1250
    Consumed Calories: 1150
    Weight: 133

Goals:
    a. 120-122 lbs
    b. eat in moderation...don't starve or overeat
    c. stay busy enough to not think about food so much
    d. eat healthier, not just low calorie foods
    e. workout at least 4x a week
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Great idea...

Allotted Calories: 1250
    Consumed Calories: 1150
    Weight: 133

Goals:
    a. 120-122 lbs
    b. eat in moderation...don't starve or overeat
    c. stay busy enough to not think about food so much
    d. eat healthier, not just low calorie foods
    e. workout at least 4x a week

Since your calories are set at pretty much the minimum, it's important to reach it. It's tough for your body to run well on 1200 calories, and anything less will actually slow your progress. Just something to keep in mind for your 'B' goal! :flowerforyou:
  • Maybaby
    Maybaby Posts: 18
    Options
    Ya I know it's weird though when I'm eating healthier, I'm more full than I am when I don't care so much about what I eat. I just had a huge plate of veggies with lowfat cheese and hummus and I'm so full!! So sometimes I just don't reach it...
  • nightangelstars
    nightangelstars Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Definitely a good idea. I'm in the same boat as songbyrdsweet/Gabrielle - a senior in college, trying to get my GPA up, applying to grad school, working in a research lab, trying to eat right on a very limited budget, and of course working out!!

Name: Amy
    Allotted Calories: 1200
    Consumed Calories: 1211
    Weight: 138

Goals:
    122-128 lbs, get into a regular workout schedule, get my mile running time down to under 10 min at least, and settle into a lifestyle that will allow me to maintain a good weight but I can continue even into the summer and graduate school in the coming years.
  • lreichelt
    Options
    Hey my name is Lauren. I am a freshman this year and I am pretty good at eating healthy when it's just me but when my friends order unhealthy food it is difficult for me to turn it down. I am on this site just to keep in mind what I'm putting into my body as well as to lose a bit of weight I have put on throughout high school. I'm glad you started this group, it's hard to stay healthy on such a busy schedule.

Allotted Calories: 1352
    Consumed Calories: 1275
    Weight: 144

goals:
    work out at least 4 times a week
    get to 135 pounds, not necessarily all this month however
    maintain my healthy eating
  • ryiko
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm glad to see some of you joining! It's nice to see some people who are facing the same problems as myself! I'm a cyber-schooled kid in highschool..its my senior year and I do part time college online as well...its stressful with my schedule b/c my bf works late, and my schedule is like his..stay up till like 5am and wake up at like 12pm or 1pm..i run my own business so i make my own hours..its rough though..b/c you have all control...but i have to maintain a good gpa and honors and its rough...but i just went grocery shopping for healthy snacks so I should be good to go!

name: Ashley
    calories allowed: 1200
    calories consumed today (sat.): n/a b/c i had fajitas from azteca mexican cuisine and they have no nutrition menus whatsoever..so idk how many cals i ate...:'[
  • ryiko
    Options
    just a reminder! You should weigh yourself only twice a week! I'm making mine inbetween 3 days like for example..Wednesday...and then on Saturday..that way its not too soon or too late to notice unwanted pounds..even though i have a terrible habbit of weighing myself daily..im cutting back b/c its bout committment and discipline..and thats what i need! :D
  • nightangelstars
    nightangelstars Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Ryiko - don't feel so bad about daily weighing! Here's a post I think you'll find interesting at least - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/35810-daily-vs-weekly-scale-watching You're not alone by any means! I try to weigh every other day or so myself.
  • ryiko
    Options
    ok so today I weighed myself and I gained like...a whole pound! It's so depressing when u step on the scale seeing urself lose and then gain it the next day...idk i get all depressed..but so far..

B-strawberries and cream flavored oatmeal 130 cals with dannon light yogurt = 80 cals
    210 cals so far

S- skinny cow ice cream sandwich 140 cals

L- I'm not sure yet!

D- Who knows...something low-fat and low cals..:'[
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    If the scale influences your emotions, it's better to weigh yourself less frequently. I don't really care what the scale says either way, but I still sometimes plug in what it says to look for trends in my exercise, calories, and weight. Plus I think it's funny how my weight will fluctuate based on when I potty...I'm like a 2 year old. :laugh:

Are we listing what we eat? I had oats with peanut butter, stuffed cabbage, chicken lo mein, and rice with shrimp so far, plus a cup of soymilk.

I have 1788 calories to eat today. I've eaten 1362 so far.

Today was leg day so I did a ton of squat/lunge supersets and realized that my hamstrings are pretty weak so I am started to concentrate on hamstring curls as much as deadlifts. I also ran for a bit because my car tire popped when my bf was driving so I had to jog out to the car to meet the roadside assistance guy LOL :laugh: I biked a little after lifting to loosen up and got a great stretching session in.

Ryiko, is it still very early where you are?
  • supermom1114
    Options
    I'm in! I'm also on the stay at home moms thread because I just had my son on Nov, right before Thanksgiving break n then finals!! Not to mention I was taking Organic Chem 1, Calculus 1, and Human Genetics! This semester I'm only doing online core classes but in the summer I'm back to campus to catch up on chem labs, retake organic chem cuz I feel even though I pasted I didnt really learn everything I feel I need to know, and the second half of Physics plus lab. So here goes my info

Carleen
    Calories Alotted- 1200 (plus I'm breastfeeding so I add on 400)
    Calories consumed today- I dont track on Sundays, kinda a day of rest n relaxation n all goes, but now that I've been eating healthy for a while cravings arent so bad
    Weight- 151
    Goal Weight- 125~ish lol

My husband just left for pre-deployment training and will be back Mar 23 so I'm hoping to knock off quite a bit of weight before then and get more toned... kinda tough to do with a baby but I'm determined that the last time he'll see me for at least 7 months I'm going to look good, not this round preggo woman or saggy post preggo woman hes had to put up with, when I used to be nice n fit... but he still says I'm beautiful and loves me all the same :heart:
  • holly2012
    holly2012 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    holly
    a little over 1240
    prob 200 over
    weight: 185 =/
    goal: 135.
    but a one month goal would be about 175.

school is killing me!
    dining halls are not diet friendly. :cry:
  • supermom1114
    Options
    BUMP!!

Good Morning Fellow Scholastic Achievers!

wow Im such a dork. Anyways I hope everyone has a happy n healthy Monday!
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    BUMP!!

LOL I call myself a dork all the time. I just need tape on my glasses and a pocket protector, I have the obsessive reading and alcohol abstinence down already. :tongue: I don't know if many others can reach my level of dorkiness.

Does everyone have today off? I go back to class tomorrow. This semester will be boooorrring...I'm taking ANOTHER nutrition class, ANOTHER marketing class, a seminar to prepare for my internship, and Chemistry, which is the only saving grace. But of course it's at 8am and I have a 30 minute commute. :sad: It's Freshmen Chem so I'll be pretty much the only person above19 in there at the ripe old age of 22. :laugh: I'm picking up as many sciences as I can before I hit grad school.

supermom, be glad you have all those sciences under your belt already! I go to a liberal arts school and we don't really put any emphasis on them, which means I don't look very attractive to grad schools. :ohwell:
  • supermom1114
    Options
    BUMP!!

LOL I call myself a dork all the time. I just need tape on my glasses and a pocket protector, I have the obsessive reading and alcohol abstinence down already. :tongue: I don't know if many others can reach my level of dorkiness.

Does everyone have today off? I go back to class tomorrow. This semester will be boooorrring...I'm taking ANOTHER nutrition class, ANOTHER marketing class, a seminar to prepare for my internship, and Chemistry, which is the only saving grace. But of course it's at 8am and I have a 30 minute commute. :sad: It's Freshmen Chem so I'll be pretty much the only person above19 in there at the ripe old age of 22. :laugh: I'm picking up as many sciences as I can before I hit grad school.

supermom, be glad you have all those sciences under your belt already! I go to a liberal arts school and we don't really put any emphasis on them, which means I don't look very attractive to grad schools. :ohwell:

Well Im majoring in Biology minoring in Chem so science classes are most of what I take lol In my freshman Chem class there were quite a few older people, even some that had to be in their 30s or above, but I took it over the summer so that may be why
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    This is a good idea! I am Shannon. I work a full time job, go to school full time, and have a 3 year old step daughter full time. I feel like I dont have time to breathe. I dont know how I do it all. :smile:

Name: Shannon
    Allotted Calories: 1200
    Consumed Calories: As of now, like 380, its early. But yesterday, 1393, and I burned about 300 on the elliptical
    Weight: 159 as of last monday.

Goals:
    a. 135 lbs.
    b. eat my workout cals
    c. make it to the gym to do weights 3 times a week
    d. keep doing cardio 4-5 times a week
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Goal by one month, 153.
  • greeneyedgirl829
    Options
    This is such a wonderful idea!! My name is Kelly, I go to school full time, just got laid off from my full time job (:cry: it's sad but at least I have no more excuses to not get healthy and to get a 4.0 this semester lol).

Name: Kelly
    Allotted Calories: 1,210
    Consumed Calories: As of now 800, but I'll get to my amount by the end of the day.
    Current Weight: 168 lbs.
    Goal Weight: 125 lbs.

Goals:
    -125 pounds
    -Cardio 5x a week
    -Weights/Strength Training 3x a week
    -Continously eat healthy
    -Drink 8 glasses of water a day