Can spinning lose waist flab??

Options
ljread1
ljread1 Posts: 19 Member
I spin 30-40 mins a day, different routines from YouTube, always work up a real sweat and a thirst and always cool down properly so I'm not in pain next day/later. I haven't got anything to lose off thighs but bottom could always be smaller! ;)
However I am beginning to think my waist is never gonna be smaller, could it be achieved by spinning alone? I'm a pretty solitary person so I don't want to go to a gym. Any tips?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Are you in a calorie deficit? If yes, then it will eventually come off.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1
  • canary_girl
    canary_girl Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    It will come off. I do notice that my body wants to keep some of my fat storage areas and readily gets rid of others. When i lose weight it is always my waist first. My thick thighs are taking a bit longer to get smaller, but they are slimming slowly.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    Probably should include more than just spinning into your fitness routine. Especially strength training. :+1:
  • ljread1
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

Yes between 200- 400 deficit! Is that enough?
  • KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit will determine if weight comes off. The waist/belly is generally the last place to lose fat on most people, so stay patient. 200-400 cal deficit should be fine for slow, sustained loss. If you're not losing, think abt increasing it by 100 cals & see if it makes a difference. Good luck!
  • kimdawnhayden
    kimdawnhayden Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    For me I always try to do some sort of cardio I actually enjoy doing. It's not, lets run because it will burn the most calories, when it's something you hate and won't stick with. It's something you enjoy and will make a habit because you enjoy it. I love spinning because of the music and it make the time fly by. You can also burn tons of calories doing it so Score! But if you hate spinning and love Zumba do it.
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    ljread1 wrote: »
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Yes between 200- 400 deficit! Is that enough?

Your caloric deficit is dependent upon how much weight you have to lose, how aggressive and fast you're trying to lose it and what your resting metabolic rate is. MFP calorie counter usually does most of that for you if you select the right basic settings. However, I do recommend doing more than a spin class. You will burn more fat overall if you include a good lifting program, along with your cardio. Most studies show that, for the most efficient weight loss while retaining lean muscle mass and increasing bone density, a combination of both cardio and strength training provides the best overall results.
  • ljread1
    Options
    Thank you.
    I guess I need to find a workout video for lifting then!
  • Neanbean13
    Neanbean13 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Pick up the weights. I only do 30 mins cardiovascular a week, rest is weight training. I go at 1600 calories and have dropped 2 dress sizes in 2 months. I have same problem. The gut. It's finally coming off but u can't isolate fat loss to a certain area. Slight deficit adding some weights. Boom.
  • ljread1
    Options
    Cheers, will get looking.