Beachbody

Options

Replies

• Tophermom
    Tophermom Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    Any particular reason you're asking about BeachBody?

I ask because my favorite home DVD workout is RushFit, which isn't BeachBody.

I was curious. Usually your favorite is the one you got the best results with..
  • Tophermom
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »
    Always dug the p90 series...

Never tried those...
  • MWGemini
    MWGemini Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I recently completed Insanity and I'm in my second week of P90X. Both seem like good programs. Planning to do P90X2 and Athlean-X (not a BeachBody program) in the future.
  • aquablue_1111
    aquablue_1111 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've done P90x and T25. I love both! P90x holds a special place in my heart b/c it was my very first intro to a workout system developed by someone else. It's also the reason why I was able to pull-ups for the first time in my life. Love T25 too! Can't beat 25 min and for me, it really helped me develop my core, which has always been weak.
  • Tophermom
    Options
    I've done P90x and T25. I love both! P90x holds a special place in my heart b/c it was my very first intro to a workout system developed by someone else. It's also the reason why I was able to pull-ups for the first time in my life. Love T25 too! Can't beat 25 min and for me, it really helped me develop my core, which has always been weak.

T25 helped mt drop ton of weight...Love It
  • rosey35
    rosey35 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    What a nice advertisement tread for beachbody
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Favorite is Body Beast, then Hammer & Chisel, followed by the P90X/HC22 series
  • jsluti
    jsluti Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite is TurboFire. If you want to try it first, you can always search your local gyms for something called "Turbo Kick." It's basically the same thing, but in live format. It has great music and is a lot of fun, while still giving you a full-body workout.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »

Hammer and Chisel just did not do a whole lot for me. There were several workouts that were just plain stupid (pardon my expression) and I ended up taking those off the calendar and replaced them with other workouts.

If you want a good "butt" program this is ok, but a well rounded overall total workout it was lacking. No emphasis on upper body is what I hated most.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

Hammer and Chisel just did not do a whole lot for me. There were several workouts that were just plain stupid (pardon my expression) and I ended up taking those off the calendar and replaced them with other workouts.

If you want a good "butt" program this is ok, but a well rounded overall total workout it was lacking. No emphasis on upper body is what I hated most.

yea, it's a bit lacking on the upper body and a bit more focused on lower. I do love the power lifting day though.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    I always got a lot out of the p90x yoga...
  • Tophermom
    Options
    rosey35 wrote: »
    What a nice advertisement tread for beachbody

It was the only DVDs that I have owned and done...Just wanted to see what was working for folks...eventually they get to repetitive and you lose interest or stop getting the results you're after. ...Opt to try something that others hot results with.....
  • Misspinklift
    Misspinklift Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I love them all. I have T25, turbo jam, turbo fire, chalean extreme, Piyo, and right now I'm on the master's hammer and chisel
  • Misspinklift
    Options

I'm sorry it didn't work for you. I am actually having better luck with it than you did. But I got the deluxe I don't have the base kit.
  • Misspinklift
    Options

yea, it's a bit lacking on the upper body and a bit more focused on lower. I do love the power lifting day though.

I feel like it is both. I feel it up upper body and lower body. Sagi does too much shoulders. But I guess everyone has different experiences and opinions. I notice a difference right away and I'm not new to working out. I feel the hammer and chisel is better than chalean extreme.
  • daisybelle84
    daisybelle84 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    21 Day Fix is my favorite!
  • shanna_wainwright
    shanna_wainwright Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I found Rockin' Body on Amazon dirt cheap. I like it- it makes me think I'll like Cize, which I'll probably try next.
  • aliciapastorlecha
    aliciapastorlecha Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Body Beast!!!. I just love it!. I am a firm believer woman should be lifting weights as it has many benefits for us.
    If you follow the workout schedule and the meal plan you get very nice results.
    No, you don't have to purchase shakeology or any supplement if you don't want to
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I've only tried turbo jam and hip hop abs, but like both.
  • kimdawnhayden
    kimdawnhayden Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I like Beachbody programs because it gives me a schedule and what to do everyday. So I don't have to think, crap what shall I do today? I have Body Beast, P90x, Insanity, Hip Hop Abs, and a few more.