If you drop an egg...

Options
2»

Replies

• photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Egg smashing is exactly how I got here... heck - I wouldn't have just smashed the rest, I probably would've gone out and bought another dozen to add to the mess! This time around, I've given myself permission to drop an egg every now and then. And it makes it much easier to look at it and say "It's ok - it was only 1 (or 2), we'll clean up the mess and be more careful with the other 10." I find it to be much less stressful, and generally a kinder way to treat myself.

Thanks for the reminder :)
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Bottom line is, life is full of twists and turns, always right the ship and get back on track.

That should be on a t-shirt.
  • Iluvcheezits
    Iluvcheezits Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I did this just today. OK so I'll start with dinner then...maybe I'll have eggs..hmmm
  • elcar7
    elcar7 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Great point, I haven't seen it that way until now! Thank you so much!
  • RaeBella13
    RaeBella13 Posts: 153
    Options
    I love this. I absolutely love this! There are so many days where I figure "Oh well, I screwed up, I'll just start again tomorrow". I honestly believe this is the bane of my dieting existence. Because it's not a diet, it's being healthy. Good little story :)
  • illusio
    illusio Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have been known to go out, buy some MORE eggs just so I can throw those on the floor too..........
  • bullriderswife08
    bullriderswife08 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I've gotta say, I don't think that could have been said any better. It's so true, and we are all guilty of this. So thank you for putting it in perspective for myself, and many others who I'm sure will utilize this analogy day in and day out! Thank you.
  • ElaKuz
    ElaKuz Posts: 49
    Options
    Egg smashing is exactly how I got here... heck - I wouldn't have just smashed the rest, I probably would've gone out and bought another dozen to add to the mess! This time around, I've given myself permission to drop an egg every now and then. And it makes it much easier to look at it and say "It's ok - it was only 1 (or 2), we'll clean up the mess and be more careful with the other 10." I find it to be much less stressful, and generally a kinder way to treat myself.

Thanks for the reminder :)

Agreed!
    I also realized that I need to be able to enjoy a good smashing... a nice planned out smashing... that way I won't be perfect perfect perfect... only to drop cartons at a time until I look around and realize months have passed.. (ok, this is where the egg analogy ends! lol)
    I plan to enoy my weekend... I indulge a little, and knowing it is there, waiting for me, gets me through those temptations during the week!
  • Iceskatefanrn
    Iceskatefanrn Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your responses - I've really appreciated your input on this subject as well! Everyone has their own way of dealing with their "smashed eggs", I've enjoyed reading them!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Ice
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I love this! and it's so easy to do.. Oh, I already had one treat today so might as well have 10 more.

Just for the record, I actually did smash an egg on the floor the other day when I was making breakfast. I went to flip it over in the pan and instead flipped it right out of the pan.. whoops!
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Great post. We're all humans... Perfection is something to strive for; it should help us raise our standards and work harder! It should never be an excuse to lower our standards.