Tracy Anderson Metamorphosis...anyone try it???

Options
I don't usually get sucked into infomercials...BUT this morning I did. I watched the exercises, and they actually look like fun - the cardio is almost dance -like. Has anyone tried this?

Replies

• Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    bump...I'd like to know this too.
  • lzdriluk
    lzdriluk Posts: 6
    Options
    wow, i thought for sure i would get some replys on this...lol
  • rachelllk
    rachelllk Posts: 63
    Options
    I've never tried it, but look at some youtube videos of the workouts before you buy it. It's expensive and her workouts are not something that I don't think I personally would be able to stick with. This blog has a ton of links to Tracy Anderson videos: http://celeryandcupcakes.com/all-things-tracy/
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I think she's full of baloney personally. Anyone who teaches their clients to eat 700 calories a day and workout 1.5 hours has no sense whatsover.

Read this article - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1367879/Gwyneth-Paltrows-personal-trainer-Tracy-Andersons-diet-plan-gave-blackouts.html
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I agree that her 'diet' is crap. BUT i LOOOVEE her workouts! I too got sucked into her informercials. I felt like they were calling to me, haha. I must've 'just happened' to turn on the tv in the morning to sit with my coffee and find the informercial on about ten times within a month. I finally about a month ago decided to look up and see if she had older dvds so that I could give her methods and moves a try before spending large bucks on the new system. I ended up ebaying for her 2008 mat workout (LOVE it by the way) and have been using it for the last month 2-3 times a week and I've definitely felt and seen changes. Nothing dramatic (probably cuz I'm not doing it everyday) But I know for a fact that her dvd has shrunk my love handles, tightened by butt and upper back thighs and taken an inch off my waist in the last month and a half! I watched her QVC presentation and learned some more about the dvds on the new metamorphosis system. It's one cardio dvd and three dvds with a total of nine 30 minute muscle work/toning dvds, the goal being do the cardio plus a muscle workout- totaling at least 60 minutes a day, more is better and the muscle work changes every ten days to keep your muscles working so that they don't get used to the same moves. I just like how graceful her moves are, how gentle her cues are (trainers like jillian michaels turn me off), and how effective her moves are. I haven't gotten her new system in the mail yet (i ordered it off qvc over the weekend- they include a bonus dvd in their kit that has extra workouts on it- worth it!) but I'm thrilled to be soon starting the workouts!! once again, i reiterate.. her diet's crap! I'm going to keep eating the healthy way that I have been- I'm just excited to BE EXCITED about a particular workout, ya know? Quite nice for a change.
  • HeidiYogi
    HeidiYogi Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am currently in the middle of the Hipcentric Metamorphosis and I am telling you, IT WORKS. I am following her food plan but am always making sure I consume at least 1200 calories (there were days that calculated to only about 800 calories and I just cannot function on that AND she does say, "if you're hungry, eat more" - Tracy never condones starving yourself)......the dance cardio IS fun but definitely takes your body/joints some getting used to. Tracy has gotten a lot of "flack" out there because I believe her food plan has been misconstrued.....and what she prescribes for Gwyneth Paltrow is because Gwyneth is probably trying to lose 10 pounds in a few days for whatever event......she has said in NUMEROUS articles that how hard she has Gwyneth or Madonna work out is not what us regular folk should be doing - they are working out for endurance, strenth, fitness, etc........we are not on stage for 2 hours performing several nights a week on tour so we shouldn't be doing what they are doing.....

On that note - Metamorphosis by Tracy has been great for me. I love how she switches up the workouts every 10 days (mat work only - dance cardio remains the same) and I can do this at home not wasting time that I don't have or precious energy trying to make a Bikram Yoga class and stressing myself out further.....

If you have any questions, let me know, please ask! I have lost 20 pounds so far and am 46 days into the 90-day program. I have already signed up and ordered continuity and plan on making Tracy's workouts a part of my life. :)

-Heidi.
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I admit I've never done her DVDs as I like to lift heavy. However, a nutritionist and exercise physiologist whose opinion I respect greatly has nothing good to say about Tracy or her methods. Check out the article he wrote:

http://graemethomasonline.com/skinny-fat-not-just-hollywoods-problem/

If it works for you, that's great. But I would consider another program for better results (and more sound methodology). Good luck!
  • stephnsuarez
    stephnsuarez Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hello there! I just finished Day 16 of her Abcentric Meta program and I don't measure or weigh until day 20...but my clothes are looser, my mom says my waist looks tiny, and my boyfriend says my booty is looking bigger! ;) (this is a plus because I have a tiny flat shapeless butt, THANK GOD FOR TRACY! lol) I feel SO empowered after her workouts because after the exhausting, sweaty 30 minutes of toning, you do 30 minutes of super fun dance cardio! It's a blast! And I just mute it and put on my own playlist and that motivates me even more! An hour in total 6 days a week...honestly look at Heidi's results! She motivates me and that's why I've stuck to this plan! I do not follow Tracy's diet plan and I don't calorie count (but I used to..hence why I have an account here lol) but I am vegan and follow nutritionist Kimberly Snyder's (www.kimberlysnyder.net) guidelines on how to eat and it's working for me! I'll update in 4 days about my measurements! But no pictures until day 30-60-then 90! :) Check out her webisodes on youtube and see if you like her style. Personally she works great for my body, for the look I'm after, and my easily-bored nature, so the switching every 10 days really keeps me into it. People (myself included) have their opinions about her diet, but you don't have to follow it! I don't see anyone complain about her actual workouts because they truly are amazing! Good luck!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Bump ... I want to see what your results are when you measure! Good luck :)
  • HeidiYogi
    Options
    I admit I've never done her DVDs as I like to lift heavy. However, a nutritionist and exercise physiologist whose opinion I respect greatly has nothing good to say about Tracy or her methods. Check out the article he wrote:

http://graemethomasonline.com/skinny-fat-not-just-hollywoods-problem/

If it works for you, that's great. But I would consider another program for better results (and more sound methodology). Good luck!

I saw this article posted on another thread talking about Tracy Anderson's Method. I read it and honestly, I don't think he gets her method. He's talking about skinny fat and Hollywood's obsession with being obsessivly thin but her Method is all about being healthy and has nothing to do with skinny fat or Hollywood. His article didn't make any sense to me in relation to Tracy's Method I think he's just trying to jump on some bandwagon and find someone to blame for Hollywood's craziness eventhough Tracy has nothing to do with that.....

I *did* see the article where Gwyneth shared her workout routine and food plan but you have to remember, these people and their jobs demand that they be ultra thin to be on screen/photo. The plans they follow are not for "normal" every day people like you and me.

In my eyes, do your own research, read the books yourself and don't just listen to the hype of some Canadian nutritionist looking for someone to blame......

I do respect other opinions which is why I went out and bought and read her book and have looked at everything that she's said and nowhere does she EVER say to starve yourself or to turn into a skinny fat Hollywood-loving person. Skinny fat is not ideal and a skinny fat person would NOT be able to keep up with her routines - they are killer!

Respectfully,
    -Heidi.
  • HeidiYogi
    Options
    Hello there! I just finished Day 16 of her Abcentric Meta program and I don't measure or weigh until day 20...but my clothes are looser, my mom says my waist looks tiny, and my boyfriend says my booty is looking bigger! ;) (this is a plus because I have a tiny flat shapeless butt, THANK GOD FOR TRACY! lol) I feel SO empowered after her workouts because after the exhausting, sweaty 30 minutes of toning, you do 30 minutes of super fun dance cardio! It's a blast! And I just mute it and put on my own playlist and that motivates me even more! An hour in total 6 days a week...honestly look at Heidi's results! She motivates me and that's why I've stuck to this plan! I do not follow Tracy's diet plan and I don't calorie count (but I used to..hence why I have an account here lol) but I am vegan and follow nutritionist Kimberly Snyder's (www.kimberlysnyder.net) guidelines on how to eat and it's working for me! I'll update in 4 days about my measurements! But no pictures until day 30-60-then 90! :) Check out her webisodes on youtube and see if you like her style. Personally she works great for my body, for the look I'm after, and my easily-bored nature, so the switching every 10 days really keeps me into it. People (myself included) have their opinions about her diet, but you don't have to follow it! I don't see anyone complain about her actual workouts because they truly are amazing! Good luck!

Hey girl!! Nice work and congrats on finishing Day 16 - you go!! Great to hear that you're seeing results and can't WAIT to "see" your measurements once you get there! :)

Thanks for the sweet shout-out - Tracy has been kicking my butt lately and it's funny but I've found that I've been more hungry than usual, so I'm eating a bit more, which is good! I think my metabolism and body are telling me that this IS working and I totally agree with what you say about TA working for your body and for the look you're after - I concur! ;)

Glad you are making it work for you and super glad we have each other to cheer each other on - I am 3 days away from starting level 6 and I'm scared!! I've heard it's really hard! ACK. :)

Happy Friday and hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!!! xoxo,
    -Heidi.
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I think she's full of baloney personally. Anyone who teaches their clients to eat 700 calories a day and workout 1.5 hours has no sense whatsover.

Read this article - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1367879/Gwyneth-Paltrows-personal-trainer-Tracy-Andersons-diet-plan-gave-blackouts.html

I'll take that a step further how about the fact that Gwyneth Paltrow has osteopenia which leads to osteoporosis....why do I bring this up because horrible diet as mentioned above along with the idea that any weight should be avoided means two things. Those two things being no fuel for bones (your skeletal system is always tearing itself down and building itself back up) and limited load on hence your bone assumes weaker bone structure should be enough.

If you think I'm kidding about your skeletal system that is part of the reason there is concern on long duration space flight where weightlessness or near weightlessness is going on (yes it is also due to muscle loss, but that's just a further point...)
  • Starlage
    Options
    well, i JUST did my first day of her hipcentric dvds- i liked it! I have to admit I did get frusterated sometimes not being able to do the same dance moves she was doing in the cardio dvd (i have two left feet, I'm the perfect example of a white girl with no rhythym!) but I just had to remind myself that at this point that doesn't really matter- I'll catch on with time. It just mattered that I was MOVING and sweating the whole half hour. The first day of the hipcentric was really hard- I LOVED it. I think the last month and a half or so that I've been doing her mat workout as a part of my weekly routine prepared me because i'm used to her different moves and having to keep half and eye on the screen to catch movement changes. I prefer this tho to having every little freakin thing explained every time you watch a dvd (i.e. jillian michaels.... not a fan). overall- I'm excited to keep moving through the muscle work dvds! I don't know that I'll be able to do the cardio dvd EVERY day, I will probably end up changing it up with a half hour of other intense cardio sometimes (i'm not a fan of dancing so I didn't enjoy it as much as i could have doing something else). Anyways, hope that makes sense! I'm glad to be doing her new system! Oh, one last big con- i didn't like that I had to come up with my own warmup and cooldown... she really should includes those, tack them onto the beginning and end.... so i ended up doing the warmup from her mat wrokout and then at the end doing the warmup AND cooldown from the mat dvd and some extra floor stretching (i felt like i needed more time to get my heartrate down. Got up to 170! pretty good!). so there are my discombobulated thoughts on my first day :o)
  • rachelmof
    rachelmof Posts: 51
    Options
    Just finished day 20 of abcentric (without the diet) and did my official weigh in/measurements. I've lost 6.2 pounds and 6 inches so far, and that includes going on vacation and eating roasted marshmallows and burgers. :) She is giving me results like no other!
  • Starlage
    Options
    Hi rachel! So glad to have another TAM buddy :o) today will be the official start of my 90 days- I decided to wait until a monday so that my rest day will fall on sundays. I'm so happy to hear it's shrunk you! That's what I want really- pounds off would just be bonus. I'd much rather tone n shrink in my hips things butt n abs. Anyways, so here I go! Will do my official first TAM tonight :o)
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Is it okay if I chime in ?I don't have metamorphosis... just the post preganancy abs one (even though I've never had a baby) :wink:
    I dusted it off and it's bizarre - even after one time through the workout I feel like it works. Makes me wonder why I stop it... did it yesterday and today again.
  • Starlage
    Options
    Of course u can chime in! I always hear good things about the post pregnancy workout. I just LOVE her muscle work! Unfortunately I'm struggling to like her dance cardio... I might have to find a different intense cardio to substitute... But I'm not giving up on that yet. I'm hoping it grows on me. It'd help if I liked dancing! Haha. But like I said I love her muscle work and I especially love that with metamorphosis I can change it every ten days! Just the nine different muscle workouts was way worth the money for me. Here's to pluggin away! I'm only on day two so I figure I have to give the cardio more of a try. I figured out quicklly I need to listen to my own music- lady gaga goes with her beat really well!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Of course u can chime in! I always hear good things about the post pregnancy workout. I just LOVE her muscle work! Unfortunately I'm struggling to like her dance cardio... I might have to find a different intense cardio to substitute... But I'm not giving up on that yet. I'm hoping it grows on me. It'd help if I liked dancing! Haha. But like I said I love her muscle work and I especially love that with metamorphosis I can change it every ten days! Just the nine different muscle workouts was way worth the money for me. Here's to pluggin away! I'm only on day two so I figure I have to give the cardio more of a try. I figured out quicklly I need to listen to my own music- lady gaga goes with her beat really well!

Wow - there are 9 different muscle workouts? For real?? That does sound like good variety. I get bored easy so variety is good. I have a short cardio dance routine that cane with her book and I only tried it once. Like you, I found myself struggling to like it and I also found that I would need my own music. In the mdenofthat workout I went to change shoes ( the jumping was hurting ) and discovered that my washing machine had flooded. I haven't touched it since. Thanks for the tip about lady gaga - maybe I'll give it a go again. Any idea where I could view the infomercial? I haven't seen it yet...
  • Starlage
    Options
    Yeah there are three dvds "transformation" dvds- they've each got three half hour workouts on them. Her goal is for you to change up your muscle work every ten days so that your muscles don't get used to the moves.

Her infomercial's on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMHdIw6uTBE

i liked the qvc show better though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZvOjkeHe1g
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    I decided to give her 30 day method routIne a whirl. So far, I am 2 days in. The dance cardio seems like a lot of just jumping around, but hey- if I get to call it dancing I'm okay with that. I'm feeling all stretched out after doing 30 reps of each move in the 1st series. I figure if I end up having a reasonable level of dedication I could eventually justify plunking down the $ for abcentric...

How's everyone doing?