The Situation Workout

Options
I started this today and have no way of knowing how many calories I am burning. It's 42 minutes long, I am 5'4 152lbs, is there a way I can tell?
I do the 30 day shred everyday on level 3 for 20 minutes and I got told I burn 300.

Replies

• LexyDawn
    LexyDawn Posts: 113
    Options
    I would recommend a heart rate monitor.... otherwise you're just guessing, unfortunately.
  • Addison2409
    Addison2409 Posts: 104
    Options
    Where can I get one and how much are they?
  • jad54
    jad54 Posts: 192
    Options
    The Situation as in "Mike" the situation?
  • Skolls081102
    Skolls081102 Posts: 184
    Options
    Unfortunatley, the only accurate way to tell what you burn, is to invest in a Heart Rate Monitor (which I strongly reccomend you doing). Otherwise, any number you get from MFP, or any other site, is pure guesswork based usually on your height, weight and age. Once I got a HRM, I checked a few of the exercises against what MFP calculated for me, and the numbers were either too low or too high. They were never really close to what my HRM told me I burned.

On a side note, what is the Situation Workout? Please tell me it's not put out by that jack-wagon from the Jersey Shore???
  • Addison2409
    Options
    Yes, the guy from Jersey Shore. lol It's on my netflix.
  • Skolls081102
    Options

All over the place. If you have a local Costco nearby, check them out. The one by me has the New Balance N4 for women (which my wife uses). Otherwise, Walmart, Target, K-Mart, or online. You can always try Amazon.com
  • Addison2409
    Options
    And yes it's by the guy from that show, but it gives me a work out.
  • Skolls081102
    Options
    :laugh:
    Yes, the guy from Jersey Shore. lol It's on my netflix.

Please, please, PLEASE tell me that you are joking????????? I gotta check this out. I can';t believe that idiot put out a workout video. God I just want to punch him in the face!!!
  • dougstevens
    dougstevens Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Offering this idea not as a substitution to a HRM; but it might be better than blind guess.

1. Take your avg heart rate; bpm.
    2. Take your age, gender, and weight
    3. Plug it into a formula (there are several you can find on your favorite search engine) that calculates the calories per minute.
    Below are two, I believe that the weight is in pounds.

Men: C/min = (-55.0969 + 0.6309 x HR + 0.1988 x weight + 0.2017 x age) / 4.184

Women: C/min = (-20.4022 + 0.4472 x HR - 0.1263 x weight + 0.074 x age) / 4.184

4. Then use that number to multiply the duration in minutes.

Once again, a good HRM should be much more accurate and it tracks your bpm more precisely. However, in a pinch, this formula might be better than a blind guess.

$0.02
  • Addison2409
    Options
    My fiance would kill me if he knew I did it, he hates him. lol
  • Skolls081102
    Options
    Oh dear sweet baby manger jesus!!! I just watched the trailer for this workout video, and while it definitley looks like a killer workout (especially the abs) there is no way I could do it. I would want to jump through the TV and strangle him every time he uses the word "Situation!!!" (which would be about once every 22 seconds!!!)

But on a side note, you can either do what the above poster stated, or until you get a HRM I would probably enter it as "Circuit Training- General"

Good luck on your journey. Sorry about all the wise *kitten* remarks, but I live at the Shore, have lived here all my life, and while although we definitley appreciate the business, we can't stand people like him!!! :laugh:
  • jad54
    Options

Please, please, PLEASE tell me that you are joking????????? I gotta check this out. I can';t believe that idiot put out a workout video. God I just want to punch him in the face!!!

Dude has mad game, though. All he does is go up to a girl, lift up his shirt, and point to his abs. Maybe his workout actually works? The question is, is he a product of steroids?
  • Skolls081102
    Options

Dude has mad game, though. All he does is go up to a girl, lift up his shirt, and point to his abs. Maybe his workout actually works? The question is, is he a product of steroids?
    Girls get with him, not because he's good looking (which he is not!!! Have you seen how gigantic hos nose is??? lol) but just to have the status that "I slept with the Situation!" Good for you, and I hope you have had a Hepititis Innoculation, and go get tested for some other stuff while you're at it.....with how many girls he has "supposedly" been with, it's a wonder how he's even alive now...:laugh: Personally, any girl that has slept with him, degrades herself by doing so....nuff said.
  • jad54
    Options

Girls get with him, not because he's good looking (which he is not!!! Have you seen how gigantic hos nose is??? lol) but just to have the status that "I slept with the Situation!" Good for you, and I hope you have had a Hepititis Innoculation, and go get tested for some other stuff while you're at it.....with how many girls he has "supposedly" been with, it's a wonder how he's even alive now...:laugh: Personally, any girl that has slept with him, degrades herself by doing so....nuff said.

I was being facetious. In no way do I think he has game. I love the show because it's a train wreck. The Italian in me shouldn't, but I can't help myself. The fact that he can simply point to his abs and pick up women tells me all I need to know about those skeezers. Being famous certainly helps his cause - even if he's famous for being a complete buffoon.

If you really want a laugh, check out his iphone app. Priceless stuff!
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    Options
    My fiance would kill me if he knew I did it, he hates him. lol

At the risk of generalizing, those of us over 30 all hate him. He is the guy young women are initially charmed by and who they eventually learn to despise. I'm sure there's a person inside that smarmy, selfish little so and so, but the feelings of revulsion he invokes are overwhelming. I have to leave the room when my daughter watches the show. Otherwise I end up yelling at the TV. Mostly at the girls who indulge him. Blech.

A workout video? OMG. Words fail me.

Hollycat
    :flowerforyou:
  • djstaen
    djstaen Posts: 9
    Options
    lol.. unfortunetly
  • djstaen
    djstaen Posts: 9
    Options
    :flowerforyou: congrats on ur wieght lost.
  • Addison2409
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Addison2409
    Options
    He say's "okay" a lot as well. Drives me nuts
  • slynn777
    slynn777 Posts: 17
    Options
    [/quote]

you gave ma a good laugh - thanks!