Chocolate Peanutbutter Oatmeal

Options
RyeLite
RyeLite Posts: 17
Before you even strat cooking the oatmeal, compare the small of the Steel Cut Oats to the Rolled Oats...it has a Yummy Nutty Smell, it tastes so much better plain as well, but if you need help Jazzing it up, this is the recipie for you!!

Get yourself McCain Irish Steel Cut Oats (None of that rolled crappy stuff)
Cook 1/4 cup in 1 cup of water for 30 minutes on low (or read the box)

After its all cooked up, add 1 piece of Lindt's Hazelnut Chocolate (now the serving size is 3 bars, and your using 1 so its just its just a taste).

Add a tablespoon of Peanut Butter, and I also like to crush some almonds in it and add a splash of milk.

This comes out to be:
300 Calories
35 Carbs
14 Fat
10 Protien

My main issue with making this meal is the leftover Bar of Chocolate...I throw it out, or ill eat the rest of it in one sitting with gallon of milk...

Replies

• kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Before you even strat cooking the oatmeal, compare the small of the Steel Cut Oats to the Rolled Oats...it has a Yummy Nutty Smell, it tastes so much better plain as well, but if you need help Jazzing it up, this is the recipie for you!!

Get yourself McCain Irish Steel Cut Oats (None of that rolled crappy stuff)
    Cook 1/4 cup in 1 cup of water for 30 minutes on low (or read the box)

After its all cooked up, add 1 piece of Lindt's Hazelnut Chocolate (now the serving size is 3 bars, and your using 1 so its just its just a taste).

Add a tablespoon of Peanut Butter, and I also like to crush some almonds in it and add a splash of milk.

This comes out to be:
    300 Calories
    35 Carbs
    14 Fat
    10 Protien

My main issue with making this meal is the leftover Bar of Chocolate...I throw it out, or ill eat the rest of it in one sitting with gallon of milk...

You should make three servings and add all three pieces of chocolate to it and keep it in the fridge. it will last you three days. that way you don't ahve the temptation of the left over chocolate. this sounds delicious. maybe I will do this for my next batch of oatmeal! yumm
  • lissypriss
    lissypriss Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    That sounds so good, that I had to keep myself from licking the screen! :) Thanks for the info!
  • hng2101
    hng2101 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You could try nutella. If you have no problem with having a jar of peanut butter in your pantry, then I doubt you would have a problem with nutella. It has the same chocolate-hazelnut flavor you're looking for!

I don't even like nutella, I just know because my sister is obsessed with peanut butter nutella sandwiches :-)
  • vchibba
    vchibba Posts: 4
    Options
    Sounds very nice. Will try it. But will have trouble getting the Oats you talk of. ALl are oats are rolled here. Some good health store might have it hopefully.
  • avenathus
    avenathus Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    This sounds ridiculously good!!! I am soooo in love with oatmeal, and I put chocolate protein powder and peanut butter in it every day! This sounds like a slightly more indulgent alternative (but only 50 cals higher than my regular oatmeal, so not too horrible.)
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    You could try nutella. If you have no problem with having a jar of peanut butter in your pantry, then I doubt you would have a problem with nutella. It has the same chocolate-hazelnut flavor you're looking for!

I don't even like nutella, I just know because my sister is obsessed with peanut butter nutella sandwiches :-)

I like this idea too!! Loves me some Nutella!!
  • aclark6818
    aclark6818 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Yum!!! Sounds like a nobake cookie!!! My kids would eat this!!!! I'll definately use Nutella. Thanks for the recipe idea
    :flowerforyou:
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I love eating chocolate pb oatmeal! My family always looks at me like I'm crazy though. I usually use 2 TB of pb and just a few chocolate chips, but I like mine more pb with a little bit of chocolate. PB oatmeal with cinnamon is also really good.
  • westbrja
    westbrja Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Never thought about oatmeal this way. I'm getting tired of the same ol oatmeal w/ brown sugar. I'll have to try this.
  • thebutteredtoast
    Options
    yum!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I only use the microwave for mine as it's so much quicker.

2/3 cup oats
    weight watchers drinking chocolate 21cals
    Nuke

Add 1 scoop chocolate whey and 1 tbspn natural peanut butter.

MASSIVE volume!
    509 cals, 46C 17F 40P

Adjust volumes if you want to lower cals. I would do a half serve for a snack :smile:
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options

I have made it this way before, it is delicious!