running eating enough and losing the last 25?

Options
morihay
morihay Posts: 50 Member
hi just looking for some input i started out 198 lost 46 so far still want to lose 25 pounds
im training for a half marathon in 19 weeks and up to 19-20 miles a week running and following a plan thats going great im toning up and love running EXCEPT my stomach still is my problem fat area i swear all 25 pounds is there it actually looks worse now becouse i have toned slimmed every were else and so now instead of fat every place i just look pregnant :( i would like to lose 25 more pounds but eat enough calories to fuel my training im 5'2'' and have been stuck at 152 for 6 weeks :( currently eating 1600 a day and only eating 25% exercise calories back on running days
any ideas?

Replies

• filovirus76
    filovirus76 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Dieting is tough when training for a halfmarathon. Your body will suffer if you don't replace calories, especially after long runs. You are probably fine if only running twenty miles a week, but when you get up to 30+ per week I would suggest to postpone your diet.

Probably not what you want to hear. You will probably still slim down while maintaining you weight. After your half, go on diet again and you will see good results.
  • morihay
    morihay Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    thanks im really trying to remind myself how far i have came trying to be proud i can run now and running further all the time its hard to make a switch from diet to fueling training and still wanting to be rid extra weight especially when my runs (fitbit HR) are burning 800 calories seems like it should be easy