Is this enough?

Options
Wombat468
Wombat468 Posts: 191 Member
I started lifting 2 months ago and am loving it. I started with 5x5 but have changed it up to include the things I love and avoid the things I don't. My question is, are there any muscle groups I'm majorly missing out on if I'm doing the below exercises 3 X weekly?

Bench press
Squat
Dumbbell row
Lateral pull down
Adductors x 2 (inside and outside)
Leg press

Thanks!

Replies

• Gemmi73
    Gemmi73 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I would say you may want to add some form of deadlifts for your hamstrings and lower back.
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Add some core work. Planks, superman, there are loads of options for abs. Pilates or yoga too.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Deadlifts, or Romanian deadlifts.

Overhead press, or similar overheat movement.

Adductors & abductors are pointless unless you want to make them bigger. :+1:
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    +1 on deads -- glutes / back / forearms.

-1 on the suggestion for core -- there's plenty of core work there already.

Not going to go into specifics, but the workout seems to be a little light on the arm work.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    I would do more arm work: shoulders, triceps, bicep curls.

Deadlifts for sure. Maybe add more ab work.

Either way, since you're fairly new this routine should work for a while, but IMHO adding in other accessory work in the future helps progress on the bigger lifts and adds variety so that you don't get bored.
  • musclegood_fatbad
    musclegood_fatbad Posts: 9,809 Member
    Options
    As a beginner, focus on the big lifts and get great at them. You can always add accessories later.
    Focus on Bench, Squat, Deadlift, Pullups, Row's, Military Press....those alone will make for a great workout.