Setting macros for ramadan

Options
My current macros are 225c/50f/114p.
Fat loss is te aim while retaining as much muscle as pissible.

It's Ramadan is I'm a fortnight which means no eating or drinking anything from 3am-10pm so a 19 hour fast. This will last 30 days.

I plan to lift heavy 2 hours after I have broken my fast, 3-4x a week.

Question is this..there's no way I'll be able to hit the macros I'm hitting at present, during Ramadan. Does anyone have any sensible advice or suggestions on what I should set my macros to, during this month while I'm still training albeit at a lower volume to what I'm training at present?

Help is much closer appreciated

Replies

• janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I'm a carb lover, but am going to concentrate on keeping my protein up above 110 grams and my fats at around 80ish grams. The rest in carbs will be mostly in the form of slow burning carbs like fruits, steel cut oats, barley etc. It's just my dh + kids and I for Ramadan, so I don't have any "Aunties" tempting me with their delicious food. I'm really just concentrating on satiating foods, the fasts here will be about 18 hours long.
  • Changingmyfatitude
    Changingmyfatitude Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My current macros are 50/50/20 the plan is to try to make my protein intake a priority as this will help with maintaining muscle.
  • MalcolmX1983
    MalcolmX1983 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    ^This

What I wrote in another thread:

Salaam,

I went balls to the walls the last two ramadhans, lifted heavy, did my hiit, as well as ate right.

This year I'm going to take it back a notch, just body weight movements and steady jogging.

Plan:

4am'ish - Suhoor

Oats with two scoops of whey
    Bowl of fruits
    Dates
    Water
    Multivitamin
    Fish oils

Approx 9pm - Iftaar

Chicken breast
    Salad
    Olives
    Super greens
    Super reds
    Bowl of fruits
    Dates

10:30pm - Taraweeh

12am - Jogging and body weight circuit after prayers

2am -

Chicken breast
    Salad
    Fruits
    Dates

Rinse and repeat until 'Eid.
    I usually either grill my chicken or sometimes add some beans and make it into stews.

Will have a good refeed on 'Eid and will not watch what I eat at all.

• dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    My current macros are 225c/50f/114p.
    Fat loss is te aim while retaining as much muscle as pissible.

It's Ramadan is I'm a fortnight which means no eating or drinking anything from 3am-10pm so a 19 hour fast. This will last 30 days.

I plan to lift heavy 2 hours after I have broken my fast, 3-4x a week.

Question is this..there's no way I'll be able to hit the macros I'm hitting at present, during Ramadan. Does anyone have any sensible advice or suggestions on what I should set my macros to, during this month while I'm still training albeit at a lower volume to what I'm training at present?

Help is much closer appreciated

Think of this as intermittent fasting. Within 3-4 hours you have to eat your allotted calories. Eat as much as you can to get to your goal calories. Even if you can't try to hit the protein number since you will be lifting.
    Some people can train heavy on low calories others cannot. You have to decide based on your energy levels.
    I will try to fast during Ramadan this year. I have done the previous years. Let's see how it goes.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    If I were you I'd focus on a minimum of protein and then whatever else you'd like spread across your calories. With your lifting you'll want to be sure to be getting adequate protein. The rest shouldn't matter much.