Vibro plate

Options
ive got a Vibro plate (wobble machine ) has anyone had success for toning or weight loss with one of these??

Replies

• alisonjaneyelland
    alisonjaneyelland Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yes I am doing healthy eating as well ,probably 1500 calories a day (need to get back to writing down what I eat :)
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    It's a waste of money....Think basic science - do you exert yourself while standing on it? Do you work any muscles? Does it make your heart beat faster or your lungs work harder?
    it is a total scam - go for a walk, a run, do some jumping jacks or whatever requires movement and effort....
    If you don't put effort into it (and standing on a vibrating plate is not effort for most normal healthy adults) you cannot expect results.....

• MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Yes I am doing healthy eating as well ,probably 1500 calories a day (need to get back to writing down what I eat :)

You're here at MFP. Weigh and log your food and stick to the caloric goals here. Vibrating while exercising might loosen your dental fillings but it won't loosen your waistbands.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    "Probably 1500 calories" is probably a lot more - weigh and log, get real exercise and you will see great results....
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Healthy eating does not equal weight loss. I actually gained weight eating 'healthy' vegetarian diet as I wasn't counting my calories or weighing my food. What works is counting calories. You can eat what you want just as long as you weigh all the foods that you eat, count calories and use the correct database entries. I've lost over 80lbs eating the food that I enjoy (such as oreos, ice cream, burgers, etc), as well as including nutrient dense foods. "Probably 1500 calories" is just estimating which can cause you to go into maintenance or even gain. Estimating is never a good thing. I estimated when my food scale broke and I didn't lose a thing. Turns out I was eating 400 calories more than I thought I was which put me into maintaining.

Noel_57 wrote: »
    ive got a Vibro plate (wobble machine ) has anyone had success for toning or weight loss with one of these??
    What is it? Your dinner plate vibrates while you eat? I'm confused. :o
    HAHAHA! I just got the best mental image here of salad flying all over the place.

• alisonjaneyelland
    Options
    Blimey !! So no you haven't used one !
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Try using a weighted hula hoop while standing on it.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Wait, did these come back in style?

Fat-Belt-9.jpg
  • cerise_noir
    edited May 2016
    Options
    sjohnny wrote: »
    Try using a weighted hula hoop while standing on it.

^That is awesome!
    Calm down.
    Calories are the number one thing one should focus on when losing weight. Those saying that the plate doesn't work are simply applying science to weight loss (and they have a bunch experience, too, and some even have science and medical degrees..some started here with 100-100+lbs to lose and are currently maintaining) since CICO is the only thing that works.
    Healthy eating does not equal weight loss. I actually gained weight eating 'healthy' vegetarian diet as I wasn't counting my calories or weighing my food. What works is counting calories. You can eat what you want just as long as you weigh all the foods that you eat, count calories and use the correct database entries. I've lost over 80lbs eating the food that I enjoy (such as oreos, ice cream, burgers, etc), as well as including nutrient dense foods. "Probably 1500 calories" is just estimating which can cause you to go into maintenance or even gain. Estimating is never a good thing. I estimated when my food scale broke and I didn't lose a thing. Turns out I was eating 400 calories more than I thought I was which put me into maintaining.
  • alisonjaneyelland
    Options
    Sorry but I asked a question ,I did not expect to be treated as silly ,I do know you have to put effort in to loosing weight !
    And no you don't just stand on them there is a dozen or so exercises that can be done on them
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/fitness/equipment/do-vibration-plates-really-work.html

In other words, it can be of help used conjunction with diet and exercise, but if used wrong, can cause serious damage to joints and spine.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options

Nope. Happy having lost over 35lbs using my food diary and feet.
  • cerise_noir
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Sorry but I asked a question ,I did not expect to be treated as silly ,I do know you have to put effort in to loosing weight !
    And no you don't just stand on them there is a dozen or so exercises that can be done on them
    No body treated you as 'silly', not at all. All the responses I see here are only helpful and honest. If you feel that way, sorry.. it was not intended. Some have used all sorts of exercise machines here, but exercise isn't for weight loss. A calorie deficit is the only key for weight loss, of course. You asked if the device is good for weight loss- it can be apart of it, but it's not necessary.
    And, yes...they do sound like fun devices. I would definitely try the hula hoop on it!