Feeling guilty...must confess...

Options
I went out of town for three days to visit my parents and I ate HORRIBLY!!! (Well, I ate like I ate before I was on a diet...on my regular days...not my superbad days) I weighed this morning and i am up 4lbs. while I am sure that most of that is water weight from the saltyness of EVERYTHING I ate the past 3 days...I am just so disappointed in myself! :blushing:

I'm back on track today, and I plan to keep it that way!

Replies

• MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I went out of town for three days to visit my parents and I ate HORRIBLY!!! (Well, I ate like I ate before I was on a diet...on my regular days...not my superbad days) I weighed this morning and i am up 4lbs. while I am sure that most of that is water weight from the saltyness of EVERYTHING I ate the past 3 days...I am just so disappointed in myself! :blushing:

I'm back on track today, and I plan to keep it that way!
  • Colly
    Colly Posts: 17
    Options
    Okay Ali,
    I hope you had a wonderful trip with your parents!
    And I am happy that you confessed. Just think you were not as bad as your superbad days and now you are going to get back on track.
    We can only take it one day at a time, but you can't stay there.

Today you start anew and drink plenty of water! :smile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    the diff is.........Here you are!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • hairprincess
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. It is okay to slip up, and it is okay to eat "bad" once in a while. Just drink your water, log your cals, and workout today. Then repeat tomorrow. You will be okay.

I hope the trip to your parents was fun....and just think, next time you visit, you will be more likely to follow your new way of eating!
  • Jay_83
    Jay_83 Posts: 446
    Options
    I agree with everyone else, don't beat yourself up about it. at least you are honest about it to yourself. I find it challenging when you eat at your parents place for sure. Since you cant control what your parents, or in-laws make for a meal, all you can do is decide how much of it you will eat. i never want to insult anyone that has prepared a meal for me, especially my mother. But i find it helpful to dish small portions first, dont refill each food while you still have food to eat. usually after I finish my plate, I am satisfied enough that I don't need anymore to be content. Usually I am the one that is last to finish eating b/c I like to take my time and enjoy my food; by that time I am full. I think b/c everyone is so consious about weight and food choices now, parents understand that we are only trying to become healthier. I also read somewhere, probably my shape magazine, that your food portions get smaller when you share your food, like with your husband. Totally made sense when I was going up and had my brother and father eating off my plate.:laugh:

pick up where you left off, and just keep truckin!!:happy: