4 weeks down- doing great but now the cravings are hitting..

Options
Help!!!

I have done really good the past 4 weeks and managed to lose 8lbs (I know my ticker says 6 but I weigh in tomorrow AM and am pretty confident I am another 2 down from checking this morning)..

Anyways, I am starting to get those cravings of bad foods, that I thought I have overcome for quite some time. I had to go to the grocery store today to pick up some things and found myself thinking, wow.. I want to eat all this bad stuff on the snack isle (which happens to be the same as the bread isle).. and although I am proud I didn't get anything too bad, and I snacked on healthier choices.. I am afraid I am starting to hit that downward spiral of thinking about it, over-thinking it, remembering how good it taste, wanting it.. and ultimately, eating it :noway: ..

I, of course, signed on here right away for help and advice... :smile: .. any help would be great!

Replies

• siriusciel
    siriusciel Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Help!!!

I have done really good the past 4 weeks and managed to lose 8lbs (I know my ticker says 6 but I weigh in tomorrow AM and am pretty confident I am another 2 down from checking this morning)..

Anyways, I am starting to get those cravings of bad foods, that I thought I have overcome for quite some time. I had to go to the grocery store today to pick up some things and found myself thinking, wow.. I want to eat all this bad stuff on the snack isle (which happens to be the same as the bread isle).. and although I am proud I didn't get anything too bad, and I snacked on healthier choices.. I am afraid I am starting to hit that downward spiral of thinking about it, over-thinking it, remembering how good it taste, wanting it.. and ultimately, eating it :noway: ..

I, of course, signed on here right away for help and advice... :smile: .. any help would be great!
  • Colly
    Colly Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi Siriusciel,
    One day at a time... You got through today!
    Just think of your goal and how great you are going to feel and look on your 30th birthday!

Looking good tastes better that those sancks!

YOU can do it.... one day at a time. Be encouraged!:flowerforyou:
  • hairprincess
    Options
    What are you craving? Is there a swap you can do to make what you are craving better for you? For example, if I am really craving chocolate, I may stop at Godiva and buy one chocolate truffle. This way I do not have that junk in my home, but I can satisfy my craving. Sometimes, diet hot coco works for me, too. You can't deprive yourself of all sweets and treats for ever......this is what leads to binging. Learning to eat in moderation is going to help. I know it is hard, I am working on learning moderation, too. Good luck, I know you can get past this craving!
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, its so hard to get the sugar cravings out of your system, or down to a minimum even.

Everytime I want to snack on something 'bad' I keep reminding myself that that it could mean adding a day more to my weight loss plan. I set mini goals for myself and trying to hit those keeps me motivated to stay on track.

Remember though, don't deprive yourself. If you want a cookie eat it, just don't have the whole box. If it really bothers you though, you can always exercise a bit to earn the calories. For example 1 oreo = 48 calories & 10 minutes of walking burns about 50 calories :)
  • iluvbread
    iluvbread Posts: 104
    Options
    I have 4 weeks down too and still crave sugar...I thinkif I lived on a deserted island all I actually need is a hunk of french bread (which I read is like pouring a cup full of sugar down your mouth). I had one sugar cookie last night and literally stared at the plate the rest of the night! ha! But it was worth it this morning when I put on my dress pants for church and they fell off my waist.....I guess we just keep craving and embrace it ...ha!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,118 Member
    Options
    You already made two great decisions.

The number one BEST decision I think is made at the GROCERY store. Don't buy it. Don't have it in the house.

Then, you came here. I can easily kill a craving by connecting with the posts. Of course, reading for three hours isn't good for my exercise program.:noway: :laugh: