Grilled Portabella Mushrooms - Recipes?

Options
treetz1979
treetz1979 Posts: 108 Member
I have 3 beautiful portabella mushrooms at home just begging to be grilled for dinner tonight. Problem is, I've never cooked them before....ate them, and loved them, but never cooked them.

What's your best grilled portabella recipe? And, how do you tell when they are "done"?

Thanks!

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Eat them on a whole grain bun for a mushroom burger. SO delicious!! I like to add grilled onions and horseradish mustard.
  • elizabeths17
    elizabeths17 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Slice up the portabellas and toss them in a bag with a little olive oil, salt, pepper, and a sliced up lemon.
    I also love mixing the same little marinade with eggplant and asparagus!
    Let them sit in the fridge for a little bit while you prepare other things, then pop them on the grill!
    So good!! They do cook quickly so you should put them on after your meat or whatever else.
  • treetz1979
    treetz1979 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions so far!!!

I do intend on having these portabellas as the "main course" so I like the "burger" idea a lot! Maybe a little bit of swiss on top won't hurt anything either :wink:

Keep the ideas coming!!!
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Eat them on a whole grain bun for a mushroom burger. SO delicious!! I like to add grilled onions and horseradish mustard.

YUM!!! I am going to try this for supper tonight! Sounds wonderful!!