p90x

Options
Jamiewhite1118
Jamiewhite1118 Posts: 8 Member
Im on day 5 of the lean routine. Doing a 30 day challenge which will hopefully turn into 3 months. 5 days down 25 to go! Looking for other Beachdody friends to add me and get on board to help motivate me and let me motivate them!

Replies

• mrsquannab85
    mrsquannab85 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am starting p90x tomorrow. I am having a hard time coming up with a meal plan that gets enough protein (without going over calories) in the first phase. Are you following the meal plan to a T? If not, how have you customized it?
  • MWGemini
    MWGemini Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm starting P90X on Monday, and I just finished a round of Insanity. Still trying to plan out my nutrition goals for the next three months.

I know that I've struggled a bit to get more protein in my diet (having been a heavy carb-focused eater for most of my life, as an avid endurance athlete). I've been using whey protein shakes after workouts (24g protein per serving) and protein bars for snacks (20g per serving) to help make up for that, and I've also been eating a lot of lean meats (chicken or turkey for dinner almost every day), and eggs for breakfast.
  • MWGemini
    Options
    Started today (chest/back/abs). Definitely feeling a little sore, but looking forward to the next three months of this. My left shoulder is bit weaker than my right (several dislocations years ago), so it's making the pullups a little harder. Does anyone have thoughts/suggestions for dealing with this? I'm currently doing normal, unassisted pullups until I'm not able to do more, then using a rubber band to make it a little easier so I can get more reps in.
  • Heartlight441
    Heartlight441 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    P90X is on my wish list as is Body Beast! I have Chalean Extreme and Focus T25. Love them!
  • MWGemini
    Options
    @Heartlight441 if/when you try out Body Beast, I'd love to hear what you think of it. I've heard mixed things, and still on the fence as to whether I'll try it.
  • MWGemini
    Options
    I did P90X plyometrics today. It felt like "Insanity light", since I just completed that program. I might swap out one of the Insanity workouts for this one in the future, since it seems like this workout is done once a week for the entire program, and I didn't really have fun with it today.
  • laura935
    laura935 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I followed the meal plan quite closely, the recipe approach, but reduced the cheese portions and often subbed out the daily protein bar for a leaner snack (just picked one of the 100 cal snacks) to stay within my calorie goals which are personally lower than what was allowed for in the meal plan.
  • MWGemini
    Options
    @laura935 did you already finish the entire program? What did you think of it? What were your results like?
  • hashTag_Wade
    hashTag_Wade Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Are you all doing the original P90X or P90X3? I've done P90X3 completely 3x now and love it. I've had a lot of success with it even with the shorter workouts.
  • DanyellMcGinnis
    DanyellMcGinnis Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Did two rounds a few years ago. Just regular, not lean. Did not follow the meal plan at all, though. Definitely got stronger. Was doing over 200 push-ups during "chest & back" (not from my knees) and was so proud of myself. (I am a small-framed woman with teeny tiny wrists.) Goal for this year is to do real pull-ups without the assist band (which did not appear in the P90X DVDs but which figured largely in P90X3) so while I am not following the full DVDs, I am using a lot of what I learned in them. Mimicking pull-ups by pulling bands down really is not the same at all, having tried it both ways.

Also have Focus T25 and am probably going back to it for awhile to change up my cardio routine. One of my favorites was Les Mills Combat but that has basically been discontinued because of the Les Mills streaming service.
  • MWGemini
    Options
    @hashTag_Wade I'm doing the original P90X, in "classic" mode, currently. I believe the OP, @jamiesmith58511276 is doing the original P90X in "lean" mode. I may do P90X2 after this, but I doubt I'll do P90X3, since it seems to be a shorter/easier version of P90X from the reviews I've read, so I don't think it will challenge me as much once I finish this program.
  • MWGemini
    Options
    Did Yoga X for the first time today. Was surprised how difficult and strenuous that workout was. It hurt like heck and felt really good at the same time, and also showed me just how NOT flexible I am. I was really not liking it at first, and it was boring and just seemed to be going on forever, but after the first 20 minutes or so, it started to grow on me (and get a heck of a lot more challenging). I might start trying to do this workout 2-3x a week (perhaps in place of plyometrics).
  • laura935
    laura935 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    MWGemini wrote: »
    @laura935 did you already finish the entire program? What did you think of it? What were your results like?

I finished it, had good results but I slacked in month 3 on the meal plan so results were not as good as they could have been. I was already fit to begin with but got a bit more definition, didn't look like any of the pictures on the box though!
  • MWGemini
    Options
    I don't think anyone really gets the results that they try to advertise. I'm curious why that is- is it false advertising, or are those people doing something special that everyone else is not?