Wine

Options
2»

Replies

• tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Would love to hear if anyone can have just a 5 oz glass.
    Can it be done?

I can't. When I have wine it's always 1/2 the bottle so I limit wine to once a week. Yeah, yeah I know how much food I can eat for 300 calories but sometimes you just need your wine! :)
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Not me. I'm abstaining entirely.
  • RobD520
    RobD520 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    It depends, of course, on how many calories one has to work with. I'm at 2600 to 2800 (with the help of exercise) to lose my last 7 lbs so it's not tough for me to integrate moderate wine consumption.

At 1200 calories it would be much harder.

• stephinator92
    stephinator92 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I save drinking wine for when I want to split a bottle with my boyfriend on date night :)
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    That's exactly it. At 1200 to lose one pound a week...there's not enough leeway for the second glass that I will definitely want or the snacks afterwards.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    I have a few small glasses once or twice a week. No biggy. Im sure its not true but it actually helps me get rid of built up water weight it seems XD I always lose weight the day after, And it doesnt seem to come back. Not suggesting it or anything, Just an observation of my body XD
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options
    Can it be done?

At home, I generally have a 3 to 4 oz. serving.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Can it be done?

Yes. I am in maintenance now so its usually 2, but when I was losing I often had a single 5oz glass. It did not hinder my weight loss.
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I try to save like 200-300 calories a day, so that I can drink and eat heavily on the weekends...not saying it's the best way to go about things, but weekend socoal gatherings have kept me sane =)
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm, I can't do it, mostly because I hate the taste of wine that has been open for more than a few days. So while technically I have the will power to only drink one glass, I feel guilty for wasting good wine by not drinking it.

I may have to start dropping some of my wine clubs as I'm beginning to have a storage issue :-(
  • donjtomasco
    donjtomasco Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I now whine every night because I can't drink my wine anymore (or any other booze). I keep reminding myself that the upside is fewer calories and lower blood pressure. My neighbor though says "I feel bad for you because unlike me, you don't wake up knowing that you will start feeling better by the hour......". Spoken by a true heavy drinker, which is what I had become. Also, $$$ savings.....
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Can it be done?

I prefer beer to wine, but yes, most nights I just have one 12 oz pour. I sample all different kinds of craft beers, take photos, rate them on untappd, and sometimes post to instagram if I've got a good photo. I look forward to this every night and I always have the calories set aside for it.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I lost over 30 lbs while drinking wine (mostly, sometime beer) every day. A glass or two with dinner every night, usually more on the weekends.
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I have wine, beer, or bourbon every day - and more on the weekends - and have had no problems meeting my goals (15 pounds since February 1st, with 5 more to go). It's just calories. As long as you account for them, you'll be fine.
    Can it be done?

I hope I never find out.