Lean Cuisine meals

Options
They are on sale this week at my local store...never tried one but I figure they will help me control portions. Which ones do y'all recommend, and which ones are not so good? I got two today (Hunan beef and a chicken flatbread sandwich) I had the beef for lunch and it was good. I thought I'd be hungry afterward, but I'm really not. I'm pleasantly surprised.

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    They are on sale this week at my local store...never tried one but I figure they will help me control portions. Which ones do y'all recommend, and which ones are not so good? I got two today (Hunan beef and a chicken flatbread sandwich) I had the beef for lunch and it was good. I thought I'd be hungry afterward, but I'm really not. I'm pleasantly surprised.
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I heard they were high in sodium but I don't eat any other salt except what may be in those kinds of meals and they didn't taste too bad and left me feeling full. I got the chicken fettuccini alfredo and the french bread pepperoni pizza. They were really good!
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I really like the flatbread sandwiches, chophouse steak (I think that is the name) was my fave.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I like the ones that have the "lightly breaded chicken breast" in them.... there's one that comes with a cheese lasagne with it, another that is a parmesan chicken with spaghetti & zucchini, and a third that is herb roasted with chunky potatoes that I can remember liking offhand.
  • winwin
    winwin Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I really like the chicken parmagiana, but they are high in sodium. One once in a while with a lot of water is my practice. I find them really filling too.
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I look for the ones under 300 cals. I usually have the turkey tenderloin, stuffing and cinnamon apples ones, baked chicken & whipped potatoes one, and the turkey & green beans one. Sometimes I'll splurge and get one of the pizzas... but the flat bread panini ones are really good. I like the meatloaf one. The ravioli one is a little on the skimpy side... makes you feel cheated.
  • Sexythighz
    Sexythighz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I like the Hunan Beef, Spinach & mushroom Pizza and the BBQ - Recipe Chicken Pizza!! All very tasty.!! I usually add a side of veggies with the meals. Great for portion control and watching calories.

Steph
  • southernlupica
    Options
    chicken marsala isnt so good. But chicken alfredo with broccoli is really good and the philly cheese sandwich, cheddar potatoes with broccoli is also good. there about all i eat!
  • hairprincess
    Options
    The mac and cheese is really good! I also like the pizzas, and the cheese raviolis. I try to buy things I know my husband will eat...for example he will make mac and cheese (kraft) with extra butter and milk and then I will eat my lean cusine. This way, I don't feel like I am missing out on something!
  • cupcake568
    cupcake568 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I like the mexican ones
  • Jenna423
    Jenna423 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    My favorite by far is the pepperoni pizza! Not the french bread one, the round pizza. Excellent!
  • WISHFULTHINKING
    WISHFULTHINKING Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I TAKE B6 METABOLISM SUPPORT VITAMINS THERE ONLY 1.51 AT WALMART FOR A 100 COUNT THEY HELP CONTROL PORTIONS.
  • greeneggsam
    Options
    I am a big fan of most of them: the Mexican and Italian foods are some of my favorites. The butternut squash ravioli is my #1.

The seafood ones are so-so. I have had a few shrimp-and-pasta ones where the shrimp was particularly brine-y.

Also try Smart Ones or Healthy Choice meals to mix things up a bit. (Plus, you can usually find one of the three on sale and stock up.)
  • KLS10
    KLS10 Posts: 127
    Options
    I like SmartOnes better. The fettucini or the angel hair marinara
    yummmmmmmmmmmm
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    There's a new one out it's raviolli with cheese and spinach in a tomato sauce sooo good
  • KLS10
    KLS10 Posts: 127
    Options
    the one LC like is the vegetable egg roll!
  • The_Crazy_Redhead
    Options
    I've had the Pepperoni Pizza, Fettucini Alfredo w/ chicken and the one w/o chicken, and the Cheese Ravioli so far and i really liked them :)
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I love Lean Cuisine! Their Butternut Squash Ravioli is so amazing. The only thing I don't like is the Fettucini Alfredo because it's too peppery for me.
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    I second the butternut squash ravioli, veggie egg roll and flatbread sandwiches.

I also love the panini sandwiches, the sesame chicken (yum!), and the spinach and mushroom pizza.

I have used lean cuisines for years as my quick meal. I really don't think you can go wrong with them. Obviously, they are not for every day, but good for when you need something quick.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I like them a whole lot better than a quarter pounder with fries!!:laugh: :laugh:

My favorite is rigatoni! Yummy!