My weightwatchers scale is driving me nuts! Any ideas?

Options
yumi1
yumi1 Posts: 26 Member
I have a weight watchers digital scale. I understand that it is normal for your body to fluctuate a few pounds each day. Okay fine! But this scale has gone from giving me 4 different readings at one moments time each time I stepped on it and this is how I found out..

I decided to weigh myself and it gave me a reading of 188lbs. At that point, I KNEW there was Noway that I had weighed 188 since I weighed myself the previous day and got a 195 reading,at home and at a publix supermarket scale.

Anyhow, I decided to step on it three different times and it gradually went up a pound or so up until it gave me a 193 reading.

Now I have come to realize that when I do weigh myself, this scale tends to save my weight, so I'll have to hold something while I weigh myself again to throw the scale off and then it'll give me the correct reading.

I understand that you shouldn't weigh yourself everyday because it can be frustrating, but its hard not to when its there in my bathroom everyday. I also understand that the scale shouldn't matter, but because I haven't necessarily started strength training yet, I am focused on doing cardio..

Has anyone experienced a scale reading that has changed dramatically to different readings in a moments time? Its not the battery, I have tried that already..

I have also read that the weight watcher scales have been faulty

Any thoughts?? Thanks!!

Replies

• crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I have a weight watchers scale. It was frustrating at first because I had this exact problem, but I figured out that it has to be on a very flat, hard surface. I put mine on the same floor tile in my basement bathroom and make sure it's straight. When I step on it to tare it I'll give it a few seconds, and the get back on and try to move around as little as possible.

After doing this it gives me the same reading almost every time I get on. There's still the occasion where it'll give a different reading the second time, but nowhere near the madness of when I first used it.
  • Jbell0213
    Jbell0213 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have a Weight Watchers scale. The glass baae one. Im going to try it in my kitchen floor. I tried the tile floor in the bathroom, of course tile can be uneven. Same thing
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Like you and the others I have the exact same problem with my Weight Watchers scale. I just bought it last week and the first two times I stepped on it (without moving it) it read a TWENTY pound difference. It took four days to find a spot on my floor that was flat enough to get consistent readings. My house is older and the hardwood floors and tile are warped with age. It's now sitting on the floor in my spare bedroom and I'm very careful not to bump or move it.
  • sweetpea813
    sweetpea813 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I returned mine immediately after I bought it. The readings were so different from my old fashioned analog scale that I decided to do an experiment. I put a 25 pound dumbbell on it and it read 36 pounds. It read 25 on my analog.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Have you checked the battery? I have a different brand, but in mine, as the month goes by the battery slowly creeps out of the socket/housing it's in. I weigh a lot less when this happens. I ended up putting a piece of cardboard into the compartment to keep it in place. Take a look at the battery compartment and see if that helps you.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a piece of junk scale, if you ask me. I noticed that some scales will five you a slightly different reading if you step on slightly different spot on them, or if you lean forward or backwards, but it would be within one pound, no more than that. So that much of a difference speaks of a faulty scale or just abad product altogether, since so many people point our same problem, imo.