Strength Training friends wanted!

Options
Lowell_H
Lowell_H Posts: 29 Member
Hi,

I'm a beginner again.....I've been around, but not doing well...Half-assing this thing. No more. I started over tonight. Walked an hour, lifted some light weights...starting slowly, but with determination. I'm sick to death of being unhealthy.

Would love some active friends who lift weights, are active on MFP and who will share their support with me...I promise to do the same! I am doing strictly plant-based foods, but I don't care what you eat. To each their own!

Let's be friends.

Replies

• awinner_au
    awinner_au Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Reading mfp in between sets, while drinking a large jug of green stuff :smiley:
  • KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I'll be friends! I like weights & meat ;)
  • shagerty777
    shagerty777 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hit me up, I'm trying to lift and still lose fat.... I just started the Stronglifts 5x5 program this morning. I've been lifting free weights for 6 months now so I still consider myself a beginner.
  • BethAnnieT
    BethAnnieT Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm a beginner again, too.
    I started LCHF on May 1 and have been feeling great on it. June 1 (or May 27, really) starting a new workout plan of Stronglifts 5x5 and C25K, plus some daily planks/pushups/etc.
    I hope to unveil the "new and improved" me at my week-long Kauai vacation in early October. :)
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I'm doing stronglifts, feel free to add me
  • krooky55
    krooky55 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    3month beginner here, never lifted before...5 days a week on free weights and 2 days of cardio...friend requests welcome
  • ScoobaChick
    ScoobaChick Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Strong program by Alwyn Cosgrove and Lou Schuler and loving it. I"m always looking for lifting friends so I will send you a FR.

• FrankieandSpots
    FrankieandSpots Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I'm following starting strength 3x/week and doing some running. (my fitness tracker just uploads everything to my diary as 'jogging, 8mins/km no matter what it is though)
    I'd love to have some new friends! :)
  • BunnieMommie
    BunnieMommie Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Usually lift between 3-4 days a week. Right now, I'm packing the house for a move and not getting in much activity other than packing and lifting boxes. But once am done with my move, will get back into lifting and cardio.
    Add me if you like. I'd love to have more friends that lifts!