Water intake

Are pre workout mixes included with daily water intake?

Replies

• fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    edited May 2016
    If water is an ingredient, yes
  • fr33sia12

I include everything I drink in my water count, tea, juice, coffee.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    I don't bother counting water intake. I drink water constantly all day long.
    I read that coffee tea other drinks don't count as water drank, as many of tbose are dehydrating. Most teas, even herbal ones, have tanins of a sort, they interfere with hydration so better drink extra water if you drink tea, coffee, even decaf or orzo.
  • hassankarimi82
    hassankarimi82 Posts: 153 Member
    Gamliela wrote: »
    I don't bother counting water intake. I drink water constantly all day long.
    I read that coffee tea other drinks don't count as water drank, as many of tbose are dehydrating. Most teas, even herbal ones, have tanins of a sort, they interfere with hydration so better drink extra water if you drink tea, coffee, even decaf or orzo.

Agree, to an extent. You'd have to drink a lake full of coffee, tea, etc to become dehydrated because of the water to 'relevant ingrediant' ratio. I wouldn't be counting alcoholic beverages in this. That's dehydrating for sure. But yes, drink water. Water is water - juice is juice - etc, etc.

I have a half gallon bottle I drink when I'm at work, and I prob drink another half in the gym.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Gallons per day! Me too!
  • tugsandpulls760
    tugsandpulls760 Posts: 206 Member

You can't count coffee because it's a Dietrich my nutritionist told me it dehydrates you
  • hassankarimi82

You can't count coffee because it's a Dietrich my nutritionist told me it dehydrates you

The common belief that caffeinated beverages don’t contribute to hydration is a myth. It's a nutritionalists 'old wives tale'. You'd have to eat the coffee raw. The fundamental aspect of a cup of coffee is the water its made with.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Mayo clinic says all fluids count toward your daily total. Total fluids needed varies by many factors, gender, activity level, climate etc.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    I drink when thirsty - and no that doesn't mean I'm dehydrated!
    Colour of your pee is best guide to hydration levels (unless you are over-dosing on Vit C or beetroot juice!).

Water consumption seems to attract a whole load of myths, to me it's a pointless exercise tracking water/fluid intake.
  • fr33sia12

I only have 1 cup of coffee in the morning, then 1 cup of decaf in the afternoon. If I have a cup of tea it's just one then the rest caffeine free, so I don't drink enough to act as a diuretic, it actually adds to my water intake.
  • MalcolmX1983
    MalcolmX1983 Posts: 214 Member
    I'm using an app to help me drink more water.
    I've gone up to 3 litres a day.
    Next goal is 4 litres a day.
  • hassankarimi82

There's an app for everything!
  • MalcolmX1983
    MalcolmX1983 Posts: 214 Member

There's an app for everything!

Trus.
    I was hardly drinking any water and chugging down 10 cups of coffee a day.

The app did help me fix that, reminds me every hour to drink.
  • branbabe1
    branbabe1 Posts: 1 Member
    The only thing I count as water other then water is my protein and my pre workouts since I mix them with water. I understand everything has water in it but that's so I can make sure I get sufficient water intake because when it comes to drinking water....I'm so horrible at it. Lol. :s ....anybody care to comment...please...enlighten me