140-115, fit at 47

Options
Sumiblue
Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
I posted this with my new profile photo today. Click on it to see my progress. If I've removed it from my profile photo it will be in my photos on my profile page.

In a nutshell, I had a baby at 42, took 2 yrs to get around to losing the weight. I'm 47 & 5'2". I do weight training 4-5x week. Cardio is walking. I went from around 30% body fat to 20%. Hips went from 40"-35.5", thighs from 22"-19.5", waist from 30"-25.5".

<---New profile pic shows my progress from Christmas 2013 (140lbs?, 30% BF?)-> August 2015 130ish->today-115lbs, 20% BF In the first photo I was wearing lots of shapewear and was miserable. Second photo was after lifting for a year. I was starting to feel better and my arms were beginning to show some muscle. I wasn't IFing yet. Last photo is after 5 months of IF and for last month I have switched to maintenance

Replies

• Sumiblue
    Options
    zzpne0bd5h5r.png
    image.png 1019.1K
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • Starfish1125
    Starfish1125 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous!!! There's hope for me at 43!!!
  • fithealthygirl
    fithealthygirl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Wow good work!
  • Sumiblue
    Options
    Thank you!
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic.
  • ElizabethAN2017
    ElizabethAN2017 Posts: 565 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    You look amazing !! Very inspiring for anyone reading, especially us "older" people ... I'm 48, and partways to my goal. How are you doing with maintenance? And again, congratulations, you look terrific !!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Sumiblue
    Options
    I've only been maintaining since early March but it's been painless. I'm still losing fat, apparently. I'm down a bit in my hip measurement from March. The extra calories are GREAT!
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Wow - awesome job! I will be 48 this year and hoping to get to where you are by the time my birthday rolls around in the fall. I had my last child at 41 and it's taken me this long to get back on the wagon.
  • Imomw2016
    Imomw2016 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your post! I'm 5'2" and 47 so this is very motivating for me! Congratulations on your success!
  • LeoZandi
    LeoZandi Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    So cool :blush:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!