Weight loss Milestones

Options
Does anyone else find it helpful when losing weight to look for milestones as you go along? For instance today I hit 8.7kg which is 5% of my total starting body weight. In a few days I'll probably hit 20lbs and in couple of weeks I'll hit 10kg and then after that I'll be 15% towards my goal.

It feels better to say how far I've come than the fact that I am still over 160kg.

Replies

• MrsQuinones132
    MrsQuinones132 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I use this method too. Helps keep me on track and motivated since smaller goals are much easier to meet.
  • rdgfreshstart2016
    rdgfreshstart2016 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I do this as well. Easier to stay motivated and it let's you celebrate the small wins.
  • damgard
    damgard Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yeah i do it this way too :) for me it is all about stayin motivated and this keeps me motivated B)

Stay strong

• louisepaul16
    louisepaul16 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Yep. I have a list written down of lots of little milestones. Lose 10% of body weight, then 20lbs, then 20% of body weight, and so on until I get to my goal. I like to have a little milestone every 10lbs or even less so I feel more motivated.

I have one to lose 2 stone (28lbs for all of you non uk-ers!) and I'm 2 pounds off, then after that it's to no longer be obese which I'm 6 pounds away from. Make a list of mini goals, and tick them off with the date when you complete them! .D
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I used 5 pounds increments as my milestones during my big weight loss. It helped a lot to have those short term goals.