NEWBIE HERE

Options
Hi, all, I am NEW to this Group. and I am excited to start on my new weight loss program. I would like to loose around 30lbs. I am hoping that you guys can keep me motivated and help me reach my goal. As I look in to this, its so nice for it to tell you how much you have to eat and exercise to get to that goal that we all have set for that weight loss.

I am married and have 3 grown children and 7 grand babies. with 2 new premies twins boys. just born the first of June. I am hoping to hear and learn from you all. your success stories.

I love dogs, and use to show and raise St. Bernards and Cardigan Welch Corgis ( the corgi with the tail).

`
Doglady72

Replies

• mcgwnkrista
    Options
    I love dogs! (Read my "about me"). Welcome to MFP, it's an awesome site and it really does help. Let me know if you need anything, including encouragement. I just started about a week or two ago so I'm fairly new as well.
  • oldscratch
    oldscratch Posts: 146
    Options
    welcome and good luck!! we're all here for ya!
  • rosieraven
    rosieraven Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new, just started this morning. :) A friend of a friend introduced me to the site last night, and I'm really excited, because I'm one of those people who needs to see the numbers and have exactitudes and all that, and it's giving me motivation I really need. I have PCOS, so I've got a really cruddy metabolism, and I had a beautiful little girl 2 years ago, and my body just hasn't recovered from it. I need to lose about 100 lbs. I'll be happy with 80 (I like being a little squishy, but I'm just too squishy). I really hope this is going to be the kick in the butt I need to get my body back!
  • TinieeTee
    TinieeTee Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi, and welcome, I love dogs also, and I am considering a corgi mix. Or as I call them a little big dog. This place is great. My goal is 35 pounds, and I am almost halfway there. I started in April. Good Luck!!!!!!!
  • DRJJ2004
    DRJJ2004 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Welcom to MFP...I'm a newbie too, but absolutely love this site!! :O)
  • yarmiah
    yarmiah Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site!

There are a lot of tools avail to help you here, as well as support from like minded folks!

I too am a dog lover. I actually looked into the Welsh Corgi when researching breeds, but
    we ended up settling on the Australian Sheperd. He's 6 years old now, going on 6 months lol-
    a puppy till the day he dies I think- and we love him to death!

I wish you much success on your weightloss journey!
  • islandgirl30
    Options
    Hi my name is Karine and i am new to this group and site and i am really looking forward to getting fit. Two months ago on april 9th i gave birth to a beautiful bby girl Delondra Williams and now i am looking to looses all the baby weight and then some.....he hehe. Soo with that said please help keep me motivated and encouraged to keep going because i sure will need it.
    Until:wink:
  • ryandylan
    ryandylan Posts: 62
    Options
    Hi...congrats on your new grandbabies :) Hope they are doing well!!! Good luck with your weightloss journey...I am a dog-lover also...feel free to add me as a friend!!
  • terri0804
    terri0804 Posts: 20
    Options
    welcome to MFP! im a newbie myself started last week and im so glad i found this site i had a baby 9mos ago and need to get back into shape...good luck... oh if you want feel fee to add me :)
  • rosieraven
    rosieraven Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow, lots of moms on here! Great! I feel so much better about not losing the baby fat immediately. >.< I had so many friends who were pregnant around the same time I was, and 3 months after the baby they were back to wearing bikinis again. It's so hard to see people like that and not think "what am I doing wrong???"
  • XxBri22xX
    XxBri22xX Posts: 183
    Options
    I want to lose 30 lbs as well! Add me as a friend if you want! (: