Looking for friends aiming for health and happiness, not bikini bodies :-)

Options
I'm over forty, have two children, and I want to eat more veg and less chocolate and do a bit more yoga and walk a little more. Maybe even swim! I'd love to have more friends to keep me motivated, but I need the kind of friends who'd choose a glass of wine and a book over a marathon run or a gym session! No cheesy motivational quotes here!

Replies

• kayakerandbiker
    kayakerandbiker Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I regularly log and my approach is about healthy living, not just weight mgt. I'm retired and very active -- cycling, kayaking and hiking. I eat veggies and drink gin and tonic. Old hammer knees that's me.
  • CurlnQT
    CurlnQT Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just sent you a request, I can't handle wine anymore but I love a cold beer on a hot day and around a campfire. :)
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request. No marathons for me! My old right knee wouldn't hear of it. I swim laps, do yoga, weight train, dance, and do low-impact cardio. I eat real food, and include members of most food groups. I cook my own food for the most part, and have lots of recipes.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    i didn't know that drinking wine and marathon running were mutually exclusive...?

This.
  • HayleyAnne012911
    HayleyAnne012911 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hello anyone feel free to add me. I have lost 135 pounds total so far! With more to go!
    Let's do this. :)
  • PennySwimmer
    PennySwimmer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love all these replies! Thank goodness for real human beings :wink: it's great to have more people in my feed doing fun stuff
  • PennySwimmer
    PennySwimmer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    i didn't know that drinking wine and marathon running were mutually exclusive...?

This.

Oh, not to say they are...! I just know myself, and if I see lots of posts about people doing amazing things with their fitness which I can't do with my dodgy knees, I'll just get pissed off and lose motivation. Like-minded friends are more likely to work . There are some really scary ( well to me anyway!) people on here (not any of you obvs!!)