Getting dat protein.

Options
So I'm having some trouble hitting my protein goal nowadays after I cut down on my egg intake (because I ain't rich you know) and I want to make sure I'm getting enough for my baby muscles. I have egg whites in the morning, a bit of Greek yogurt for lunch, and chicken or other meat at dinner.
I was wondering what other sources of protein I could add. Or should I opt for some more meat in my day?
Any help is appreciated :)

Replies

• chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    If you cut out eggs for a financial reason, have you thought of adding beans? Beans are a decent protein source and are dirt cheap.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    On a per gram basis, protein powder might be the cheapest protein you can get.
  • Pikashel
    Pikashel Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Wait, eggs are considered expensive? I lol'd when you said "because i ain't rich." I got a dozen eggs on sale for $1 the other day..maybe I should've bought more.
  • its_laura_btw
    its_laura_btw Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Pikashel wrote: »
    Wait, eggs are considered expensive? I lol'd when you said "because i ain't rich." I got a dozen eggs on sale for $1 the other day..maybe I should've bought more.

Yo man, toss me some of dem eggies.
  • its_laura_btw
    its_laura_btw Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    If you cut out eggs for a financial reason, have you thought of adding beans? Beans are a decent protein source and are dirt cheap.

I never thought of beans!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Lentils are a great source of protein.

Eggs can be costly. The free range, hormone free eggs I buy are like 6.99 a tray. The 1.99 a tray eggs are destructive.

I want my chicks to be happy before I eat them, even if it comes with a price tag ;)

Yeah, I dare say those cheap eggs are from battery hens. The free range eggs I buy are usually $4.50-$6.00 a dozen, never any cheaper.

OP take a look at my diary if you wish, today I've hit 190g protein. Not on purpose lol, I just gravitate toward high protein foods.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Lentils, chick peas, peanuts.