Wearing pants that haven't fit in .. ever.

Options
infamousmk
infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
When I first bought them they were a smidge too tight, and I though, "oh, I'll just lose that 10 pounds I've been striving for and they'll fit like a glove!" .... well, then I gained 20lbs instead.

They're still too tight to be completely honest, but at least they're able to button and zip again.

I'm down just four pounds, but I have to have lost at least a couple inches (I really should have measured!)

Replies

• juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! And if I were you, I would start measuring now! I didn't start measuring until a few months after I joined so it's never too late to start measuring :)
  • Hodar
    Hodar Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    JesseBYAH is 100% correct.

Quick, before you forget - take your measurements. Don't suck it in - let it all hang out.

Then, grab your phone and your swimsuit, underwear or whatever - and take those UNFLATTERING pictures. Don't suck it in, don't hide it. Be brutally honest. I know this is the humiliating portion - heck, take a look at MY icon.

This is where I'm starting - my gut is way over my belt. But, after just 13 lbs I can see and feel the difference. Those pictures will be YOUR motivation, and when you get to your goal - they will give someone else (who is exactly where you are now) the motivation to say "She did it, and what a difference it made" - and you can help someone else.

If not, then you can look back at your pictures - and say to yourself "Never again, I will not let myself get to where I was".
  • infamousmk
    Options
    Thanks for the incouragement, Hodar!!!

I did take before pics - I look at them almost every. single. day. I'll be taking measurements tonight FOR SURE. I'm making it stick this time... I'm never going to have to it like this again.
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! That's a great feeling, isn't it?? :)
  • infamousmk
    Options
    Congrats!! That's a great feeling, isn't it?? :)

thanks! It really is great! I feel like I'm shopping for new clothes in my own closet. I used to think that saying was so cliche - but I get it now!
  • Coffeecakes81488
    Coffeecakes81488 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    YAY! Congratz!
  • Jasmine_Moonstone
    Jasmine_Moonstone Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I got that same feeling last night when I put on a pair of jeans that I have not been able to even pull up in a long time. Last night not only could I pull them up, they buttoned & zipped. :) YAY us! It feels awsome!
  • infamousmk
    Options
    Congrats!!! I got that same feeling last night when I put on a pair of jeans that I have not been able to even pull up in a long time. Last night not only could I pull them up, they buttoned & zipped. :) YAY us! It feels awsome!

That's awesome! Go YOU!
  • kittley
    kittley Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Well done! I've got a few pants I'd love to wear again.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!