It's taken 4 months, but 10 pounds are gone! (comparison)

Options

Replies

• FitFunLosAngeles
    FitFunLosAngeles Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Great post - shows what "just" 10 pounds can do! Impressive. Be proud of yourself!!
  • LittleOneLoveLife
    LittleOneLoveLife Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    congratulations you look great!
  • ReadyforOctober
    ReadyforOctober Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Incredible the difference 10 pounds can make!
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    ...at the risk of putting foot in mouth; I'm just going to say "WOW!!!!".
  • suemcmurry
    suemcmurry Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! You look fabulous! I am 5'2" also, and what a pain to shed the pounds! You go girl!!!
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Woo! You look great! I'm also 5'2" and it's amazing what a difference a few lbs and muscle makes. :)
  • daniellek30
    daniellek30 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • Akilah_green
    Akilah_green Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    wow! You look great! Looks more like 30 pounds. Where do I sign up for weight lifting lol. I've lost almost 20 and barely see a difference
  • GAlove05
    GAlove05 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Congrats!!
  • MlleKelly
    MlleKelly Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I can't believe you've only lost 10 pounds!!! It seriously looks like you've dropped 20-30lbs.

I lost 10lbs in January (hoping to lose 20 by June), then gained 4-5 back in February for some crazy reason, then it's taken me the last 2 1/2 months to get down to 12! I'm so glad that you're celebrating your loss. It definitely helps me put my struggle in perspective.

Congratulations!
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    If youd asked me to guess how much you've lost, I would have said 30 lbs. Amazing! I gotta keep lifting!!
  • cspotbelle
    cspotbelle Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You're burning fat and building muscle - way to go! :) Definitely amazing visual progress and a fantastic motivational post for those of us not seeing huge scale changes but some composition changes.
  • Sandee_Bee
    Sandee_Bee Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Great job, you look amazing!!
  • SiempreBella
    SiempreBella Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Wow nice job.
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Fantastic recomposition! Congrats...you're definitely doing it right :)
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    You look FAB!! impressive :)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Wow! Just 10 pounds has the power to completely transform! <3

ETA: In my own experience with lifting, I didn't have to lose any weight to see a major change in the way I looked and felt. I dropped a pant size without dropping a pound. :D
  • bunnerfly
    bunnerfly Posts: 197 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm a big fan of lifting. I've tried the cardio and very low calorie stuff (calories in vs out, right? Lower the better?) and just couldn't do it. I ended up over eating at the end of the day, or feeling hungry, tired and cranky all the time. That led to yo-yo weight loss/gain and eventually insulin resistance and just feeling like crap about myself. I didn't make healthy choices, plain and simple. It wasn't reasonable for me to do the 1200 calorie thing.

Now, I eat about 1800-2000 calories most days (less on days I'm not working out) and lift heavy. I lay off carbs and sugars unless they are whole grain and high fiber. I still eat a sweet or enjoy a glass of wine here and there. I do cardio a few times a week, but I'm rushing around at work for 8 hours (nurse's aid) so I don't worry about it too much.

I slacked off quite a bit this month in the gym/workout department. I hit the gym "for real" yesterday and worked my legs. I REALLY REALLY regret slacking off. *ouchie*
  • Makingmyselfover
    Makingmyselfover Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    bunnerfly wrote: »
    Side view...

vi01d7xjgiqo.jpeg

It look waaayyyyy more than 10 pounds. That give me hope for the times the scale does not move. Hard work pay and is better measure than weight yourself.
  • desiresdestiny
    desiresdestiny Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    bunnerfly wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. I'm a big fan of lifting. I've tried the cardio and very low calorie stuff (calories in vs out, right? Lower the better?) and just couldn't do it. I ended up over eating at the end of the day, or feeling hungry, tired and cranky all the time. That led to yo-yo weight loss/gain and eventually insulin resistance and just feeling like crap about myself. I didn't make healthy choices, plain and simple. It wasn't reasonable for me to do the 1200 calorie thing.

Now, I eat about 1800-2000 calories most days (less on days I'm not working out) and lift heavy. I lay off carbs and sugars unless they are whole grain and high fiber. I still eat a sweet or enjoy a glass of wine here and there. I do cardio a few times a week, but I'm rushing around at work for 8 hours (nurse's aid) so I don't worry about it too much.

I slacked off quite a bit this month in the gym/workout department. I hit the gym "for real" yesterday and worked my legs. I REALLY REALLY regret slacking off. *ouchie*

You look amazing. Are you following a certain lifting program?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!