P90X

Options
I started P90X today but I'm not sure how to add it to my exercise diary. The same with the Les Mills classes I take at Golds Gym. Any suggestions?

Replies

• lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    get a Heart Rate Monitor
  • Grimlock1030
    Options
    A heart rate monitor is so important.
  • girlwapp
    girlwapp Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I definitely just tried to 'like' Imr9's post, but this isn't facebook. Heart Rate Monitor's are the easiest way. Get one that converts to calories to make your life easier (or just use a calculator like the one available here http://www.triathlontrainingblog.com/calculators/calories-burned-calculator-based-on-average-heart-rate/ )
  • Coffeecakes81488
    Coffeecakes81488 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Heart Rate Monitor is essential.. That's how I log all of my workouts. It varies so much that I couldn't just substitute them with something generic.
  • MarielElizabeth
    Options
    How do you like the P90X? ... to be honest is scares me. Is it actually do-able ????
  • Coffeecakes81488
    Options
    I completed the first video today, I've tried it before but that was back when I was at my heaviest.
  • LiveThinLiveWell
    LiveThinLiveWell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    P90X is very doable. Do your best and don't get frustrated. It gets better and easier over time. Just like every thing else in life. You can do it! (but you won't really know that until you give it all you've got...so get it and BRING IT!)
  • JoySloan
    JoySloan Posts: 5
    Options
    I do Kettle Bells, which are not in the exercise data base and the Fluidity Bar program which is not in the data base. I googled both of them. The query I used went something like -- Calories burned in a kettle bell workout. In both cases I found articles that discuss the calories burned. Perhaps you can Google P90X and your other program. Once you have an idea you can enter the exercise manually and it will be there whenever you do that workout.
  • Coffeecakes81488
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I think may end up google some of my workouts. I got a heart rate monitor but I can't get it to show me my heart rate.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    heart rate monitor, but it depends on the les mills classes you're doing. i know there is are pre calaculated counts for various height steps and that I myself have inputted some les mills pump calorie counts from when my hrm works. However, you'll get a more custom count if you have your own hrm.
  • ghoztt
    ghoztt Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    If you want an approximate number, most workouts are designed to burn about 600 calories to someone who is able to 'pass' the fit test. P90X is designed with the person in 'okay' shape who is looking to improve upon that. However, that doesn't mean you can't do it. Just modify, modify, modify. Take longer breaks with the pause button if you have to just keep at it. I'm about 20-30 pounds from a 'healthy' weight and I burn around 700 calories for most of the workouts according to my HRM so getting one is highly recommended but you can get a close approximate if you use 'circuit training'.