South Carolina boy

Options
just joined today. I am a member of a similar site, and wanted to check this out. Hopefully it will be a little easier , especially after I work with it a few days.

Any others out there from the south?

I am 45 years young, married to a wonderful and supportive woman, have three children and just graduated from College - Elementary Education. I am currently subbing until I get my own classroom in the fall.

Replies

• Dustdevil
    Options
    just joined today. I am a member of a similar site, and wanted to check this out. Hopefully it will be a little easier , especially after I work with it a few days.

Any others out there from the south?

I am 45 years young, married to a wonderful and supportive woman, have three children and just graduated from College - Elementary Education. I am currently subbing until I get my own classroom in the fall.
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Well hello there. I have been around this site for a week and a day. I find it pretty easy to use.

I am heading for the big 30. I have three sons...my youngest is 7 mo. and my oldest is 3:laugh:

I am from San Antonio, but am stationed in Elmendorf AFB, Alaska right now.

I majored in 2ndary Ed., but I'm enjoying being a stay at home Mom right now.

So welcome and all that!!
  • stormysmom
    Options
    Hi there,
    I grew up in NC and have family in SC. I am stationed with my Air force hubby in GA now.
    Wishing you all the best. :smile:
  • enigmakey
    enigmakey Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Congratulations on your Graduation! I'm from Raleigh NC
  • MollysMom2005
    MollysMom2005 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and congrats on your weight loss so far! That is wonderful! I am from Arkansas. Great to have you! I find this site very user-friendly and a breeze to use.

Good luck!
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP - I think you will LOVE this site - VERY user friendly:happy: I'm from deep south - Louisiana, suburb of New Orleans - I love the South!!! Congrats on your graduation - Fantastic!
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Welcome Carolina Boy! :drinker: I was born in Maryland but lived most of my life in SW Virginia around Martinsville. Glad to have you!:flowerforyou:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Congrats! I am from West TN but moved here to North Central Iowa a little over a year ago with my husband for his job. I have only been on the site for about 9 days now, but I am LOVING it. It is very user-friendly. If you have questions about something, just post it, someone usually has the answer. Have a wonderful day!
  • Dustdevil
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome.
  • dragonfly81
    dragonfly81 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I'm new as well, and from SC. Upstate area, although I don't live there now. All my family is still there though, 'cept for a couple scattered around. Congrats on your graduation!
  • mell21abe
    Options
    i'm living in SC also, and just joined too! this is my first attempt at tracking my diet online, so i am hoping i can keep up. i am also a teacher...7th grade science :) i've counted calories before and it has worked. i just needed a place to keep me focused. hopefully this works!
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Hey... haven't I seen you somewhere before?? :wink:

Welcome!

& I am NOT from the south :tongue:
  • seasew
    seasew Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello. Welcome. I'm in SC as well.
  • Dustdevil
    Options
    Yes Wolfena, I believe you have seen me somewhere before!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome, I am pretty new here only been on here since December 31, 2008. Good luck with you weight loss. I live in Upstate South Carolina, so it is nice to see someone from s.c. on here too.