Please help

Options
I just caved and had 3 cookies. I'm feeling really discouraged and am being really hard on myself. Pep talk anyone?

Replies

• Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I had two cookies, an ice cream sandwich and an ice cream bar. Logged it and moved on.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on. Look into why you did so...are you restricting yourself too much (high deficit/no room for treats)?
  • KristinRG85
    KristinRG85 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey there. It's only one day and it's only 3 cookies. We all cave sometimes. You're human, and dietary change is a process. Setbacks happen, and as far as setbacks and relapses go, I'm sure this is one you can recover from. Just forgive yourself and start again tomorrow. It'll be ok. You can still do this thing.
  • osbornmo131446
    osbornmo131446 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I'm feeling much better today and I'm using that as a learning experience!
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    You are likely going to do better if you plan your treats. Make room for everything, but in appropriate portions.
  • Vegplotter
    Vegplotter Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on is excellent advice. But I'd suggest log it and move. Get outside and go for a long walk in the park or anywhere nice near you. You will work off the cookies and feel much better!
    We all fall of the wagon sometimes. It's not the end of the world.
  • ludylourdes
    ludylourdes Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I suggest that you put in the thrash the cookies and similar food. If this kind of food is not available then is very difficult that you eat them. Ahh, and the next time that you go the supermarket, don't buy cookies or similar food. Maybe buy some food with artificial sugar. Better, buy fruits.
  • ElJefePerron
    ElJefePerron Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Don't cry over spilt milk or eaten cookies. To summarize what others have said:
    1) log them (if you went over daily calories, so be it)
    2) plan your eating to include a treat.
    3) portion said treats,
    4) if the treats are too tempting, get rid of them. ( I used to give my treat bags to a colleague and she would bring me my fix).

At the end of the day, remember it's progress you're looking for on your journey, not perfection.

Peace
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, I broke down today and drank a beer. And like your cookies it tasted really good. Tomorrow is another day.
  • ChaoticMiNd
    ChaoticMiNd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I had two ballpark beef hotdogs...I used to let something like that end me. Not today....NOT TODAY!
  • anotherxhero
    anotherxhero Posts: 3 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    It's okay to eat what you enjoy. Just don't overindulge. Life would be dull if I could never eat ice cream. I only started being healthier recently and I still have a carton of ice cream. When I get a craving I go in there and get 1 single spoonful. When that carton is out, I'll get something else like frozen yogurt, the healthier choice I suppose, or maybe even the same thing but a smaller container. What matters is that you're trying. If I end up going somewhere and reaching for something like chocolate. I automatically take the amount I would normally eat and split it in half. Give that half to a friend or stick it straight in the trash (which is a waste, so don't do it often!) And I'm still losing weight so, don't be so hard on yourself. If you can't have fun with it, you'll be more keen to quit and we don't want that. Don't kill yourself over three cookies, these changes take time. c:
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    The beauty of my fitness pal and counting calories. I love sweets I love desserts and they are not restricted. I enjoy them as much as possible. I make room for them in my calories while I am losing weight. And Guilt us crippling. Don't allow it.
  • abenson866
    abenson866 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The only thing I would add to all the great advice on here is, start listening you your inner strength, listening to the negative voice in your head doesn't get you anywhere
  • Dayper
    Dayper Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you missed the exit on the freeway, you wouldn't say, "Oh well, keep going." Turn around and go back every time you mess up. Eventually it gets easier.
  • mysticwryter
    mysticwryter Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    In the words of Mr. Chow...."but did you die?"
    Don't fret. It happens. I ate a handful of homemade puppy chow and a cookie. We are all human, it happens.
  • mcginger1
    mcginger1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Saw this on another thread, and it really stuck... "Be kind to yourself. It's hard to be happy when someone's being mean to you all the time." <3
  • Colt1835
    Colt1835 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    I know how you feel, I broke down today and drank a beer. And like your cookies it tasted really good. Tomorrow is another day.

There's always room for beer... always.
  • Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    OODone wrote: »
    Rocknut53 wrote: »

There's always room for beer... always.

I concur. ALWAYS.