Need Help - Lunch & Dinner Ideas

Options
Hello!

I'm relatively new. Been on the site less than two months. Lost 50 pounds on Weight Watchers - got to an 8 month plateau and found myself here. Since joining, I've lost 5 pounds and found it again 3 times. My diary is public (i think). I've eaten quite terribly the past two weeks and I will own that (had my best friend's wedding last week - partied like an animal and I have no food in the house).

I'm really picky and I don't have a whole lot of time to cook which is a really awful situation to be in when you are trying to get healthy. I work in the city, commute to the burbs, and three times a week, come home to immediately go to the gym (crossfit).

I really prefer not to eat meat but I try to in order to get at least some of the protein I need. On most mornings I do a homemade protein shake which is about the only thing I feel good about (although the fruit in the shake almost immediately puts me over on my sugars).

When it comes to lunch and dinner, I'm completely lost. Is anyone in the same boat with ideas?

Replies

• Kelblue1
    Kelblue1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have come to love wraps on those Flat outs. I can find them at Wal-mart, homeland and target. I use meat in mine usually oscar meyer carving board chicken, but sometimes I do just a veggie wrap. I put cheese and lots of veggies and sometimes some type of dressing. I have become hooked where I eat them alomost every day for lunch. You should also check out Morningstar stuff. They have a great black bean burger!! Hang in there... it will get better.
  • missmayhem11
    Options
    Thank you! I always forget about black bean burgers. I have been trying to avoid the freezer section but that would be better than some of the crap I've had my eye on!
  • Dattard
    Dattard Posts: 10
    Options
    Hey,

Lunch I typically eat, 1/2 can of tuna made with fat free miracle whip and I use it as a 'dip' with either melba toast or Triscuit thins. Easy, in the cupboard and includes meat free protein.
    Or a (mostly) egg white omelet with a slice of fat free cheese slice, & melba toast on the side. Quick easy, and again a meat free protein.

Dinner, I get stuck. Typically BBQ shish kabob of some sort. I really like Zuccini and mushroom kabobs. Spray with some Pam and sprinkle Mrs.Dash or Montreal steak spice on them first. Or I saute a tomato with some onion and toss in a handful of scallops or shrimp.

Good luck - and I look forward to seeing other replies to your question to give me some ideas!
  • Dattard
    Dattard Posts: 10
    Options
    Oh ya,

Check this out:

http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/

The best.