Are you hitting on me?

Options
tahxirez
tahxirez Posts: 270 Member
Does anyone else get confused when random people of the opposite gender start chatting them up in public? I've recently realized that I'm being hit on constantly...who knew this is what skinny people had going on all this time...

Replies

• tahxirez
    tahxirez Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Well I guess I couldn't say really but I'm guessing there is some romantic motivation behind it as I haven't been in the position of having cashiers at tractor supply chat me up for more than 5 minutes while a line forms and i'm wearing grubby gardening clothes and carrying bags of dirt. I don't invite these attentions as I'm attached so I don't exactly send signals to ask me out but yes I would characterize these interactions as flirting.

Exactly Jinjo I'm not saying that I'm anything special just that I definitely notice a lot more attention from people who don't know me. Men sparking up conversations in odd places and at odd times. I have RBF pretty bad so I know its not that my approachability (is that a word?) has changed. lol
  • emz_1993
    emz_1993 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Yup when I was thin I always had guys coming up to me.. I've lost nearly 40 lbs and it's happening more now.. Had some guy trying to talk to me this morning was weird to be experiencing that again
  • crystallee85
    crystallee85 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I think it's partly being more comfortable and confident therefore more receptive and feeling/looking better.

Also super hilarious you say RBF...I know the struggle lol.
  • Dove0804
    Dove0804 Posts: 213 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I remember back in high school when I returned from abroad and had lost a bunch of weight, I suddenly was everyone's friend- people who didn't used to talk to me much were suddenly interested in hanging out. Guys were openly flirting with me (actual flirting) for the first time in my life. I didn't think I had changed that much in how I acted, but I chalked it up to getting older or something.

I know that as I gained my weight, there was a noticeable drop in the amount of people (especially men) who would interact with me. I don't know if it was all flirting, but at heavier weights there were a LOT less people who would even make eye contact with me. Perhaps there is a confidence component there, but I've always tried to smile at everyone and be as friendly as possible. I'm not naive enough to think that the dramatic difference in friendliness of those around me is largely attributable to my personality. People aren't unfriendly to me... just far from openly friendly.

It's just something interesting I've noticed, and I wonder how things will change as I lose the weight again. I'm not bitter or anything, but I've already been around the block once and I know that people change their behavior based on their perceptions of you- consciously or not. We're just human.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!