Embarrassing moments at the gym

Options
2»

Replies

• Will_Run_for_Food
    Will_Run_for_Food Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    It hasn't happened to me (yet...I'm just waiting for the day) but I have seen this happen to other people. Stability ball mishaps! Both fall off of one while doing sit ups and having it slip out from under you while doing hamstring curls.
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    AlphaCajun wrote: »
    In a preworkout fueled 5am fog one morning I added two 25's to the bar instead of the tens I needed for my working sets of squats... felt a bit heavy on the way down... couldn't tell you how it felt coming back up though. :D

I have crawled out of the squat rack on more than one occasion.

Nice! I had one occasion where I was working on "weight on heels" to the point I started to fall backwards at the bottom of the squat. Banged it down so loud on the safeties that half the gym was watching as I oh-so-gracefully (hah!) landed flat on my back outside the power cage. Good times. B)
  • shaybee377
    shaybee377 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Didn't technically happen to ME, but... yesterday a guy walked behind me while I was squatting and was pretty obviously staring at my butt, and he ran face-first into the door frame next to me! All his friends laughed at him- I felt bad, but not THAT bad... :D

Let that be a lesson to all the oglers out there! lol
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I was moving the bench on Wednesday morning and managed to bang it into a squat rack, nice bruise on my upper thigh. Made myself laugh, glad no one else was around to see my terrible driving.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Nothing can be too embarrassing. People make mistakes. Some jocks trip and fall in the weights room, me and others who are near help them up. It is how the cookie crumbles.

In terms of personally funny things I have done, I have worn my shorts inside out a few times and people pointed it out.

I was lining up at the start line for the Tufts Women's 10k and noticed that I had my shorts on back-to-front.

The fact that I constantly have my clothes on inside out is an ongoing joke in my family. The other day I texted my husband "I am wearing 2 shirts and just realized that both are inside out." In the sixth grade I went home for lunch and my mom pointed out that my top was inside out and I said "I wondered why it was hard to button." That's all outside of the gym so kind of off topic but apparently putting clothes on properly is my trouble spot.
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Always a good idea to try out new exercise gear walking around the house first instead of in the gym. Lesson learned the hard way with a zip front sports bra. smh Luckily I had shirt on over
  • hrod215
    hrod215 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I was working with my trainer and he thought it would be a brilliant idea to do box jumps, despite my telling him on several occasions that I am quite clumsy. Things were going well but I was starting to get tired and instead of listening to my body and calling it quits I decided I wanted to show my trainer I could do it... Then slammed shins first into the damn platform. The training area is in the center of the gym being overlooked by the cardio machines so basically everyone saw my demise. I laughed it off but damn was I in pain for the rest of that session. Lol!
  • williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options
    Nobody's cut a big fart trying to bench their max? :|
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options

I thought that was just business as usual. Not with mentioning
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options

Meh. Happens a lot.
  • Spike_G
    Spike_G Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I was finishing up a set of squats when I step back and place the barbell back on the rack. Welp...I misjudged myself and left one side hanging so it totally crashed to the ground. Thankfully I did not injure myself or anyone but it was loud and people were staring at me.

I think I was sweating more due to my sheer embarrassment than the workout at the moment.

@samanthaluangphixay That's one of many reasons why squat racks should be setup so you back out with the weight and rerack stepping forward. ;)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Not too much I can think of for myself, personally, except that I'm a chronically slow runner and I once collapsed, nauseated, and laid there sprawled out on the ground while everybody else kept powering through during a group plyometrics session with a trainer.

My husband's always tripping on the treadmill or wearing his shirts inside out. Good thing he's so cute I can easily overlook his shenanigans. My sister has big boobs and her overstuffed, overworked bra busted loose once during a very bouncy activity. That was the end of THAT workout.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options

happened to a lady in pilates. no body laughed
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    well i thought i was clever doing slams with a weighted ball like we have done in circuits.
    well most have used the wrong ball as it bounced really high and hit me in the nose.
    not sure if someone saw and laughed but its not the end of the world
  • chookywillow
    chookywillow Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    not exactly a high intensity work out but I was doing some gentle exercise on a pyjo call when 8 months pregnant. my highly intelligent cat decided it was the perfect thing to sharpen his claws on. the ball went bang. I crashed to the floor. my eldest daughter laughed so much she actually wet herself. cat looked a bit confused. I had a very sore bottom. but cat and baby were fine.
  • Hoooooooooo
    Hoooooooooo Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My trainer tried to get me to do box jumps resulting in me falling backwards landing at his feet on my behind....
    I couldn't sit down properly for about a week but at least he didn't laugh.
  • maryann9wood
    maryann9wood Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I tried to put a stability ball on a high rack - the only space left - and it bounced off the wall, sailed over a railing, and onto the main floor below the balcony I was on. Luckily it didn't hit anyone, but I thought one guy would kill himself laughing at me.
  • sappermuff
    sappermuff Posts: 175 Member
    Options

When I had a home gym I had a fart with a solid center on a max bench attempt. Fortunately it was just me and my training partner in the garage. Had a good laugh, cleaned up and finished the workout.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I wear loose sweats for comfort and I tie them once so I slip them on and off because I have hand issues that makes it hard to untie knots. When I'm on a cut, there comes a point they drop to ankle when squatting.