A little more about my self ..

Options
slifter16
slifter16 Posts: 53 Member
Growing up I was also bullied for my weight AND my height. I was also called "that big *kitten*" or "the giant" etc etc. very hurtful names. At one time I even wanted to overdose on dietary supplements to prove a point that I hate the way I looked. I never felt beauty because nobody really MADE me feel beautiful. I'd never had a real boyfriend. The ones that I WAS with only wanted one thing and was very rude to me. But I decided to put up with it because I felt as though nobody else would want me. I would always look in the mirror and be disgusted at myself .. I even wore extreme about of makeup to cover up my insecurities. I never went out in public with my shoulders out. I didn't even go to prom because of how disgusted I am of myself. I even take 3 different types of pills for high blood pressure, ( which runs in my family along with strokes and heart attacks) But today I chose to change that about myself. I chose to LOVE me but always be healthy. So today I started a new chapter in my life. I'm tired of being insecure. I'm tired of having low self esteem .. I WILL LOSE THIS WEIGHT AND I WILL BE HAPPY AND TAKE MY LIFE BACK !!

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing that. Many of us here have went through similar experiences growing up and it truly is devastating , some can't even discuss it because it brings up so many awful memories.
    The good news is that your here now and ready to make the changes needed! You can do this!
  • MsNika83
    MsNika83 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that you were bullied growing up. Kids can be so mean and cruel. I'm glad that you recognized that you were worth more and deserve to be treated better by men. It sucks having low self esteem. I battle with mine everyday. I constantly cover up my stomach or at least try to because I got tired of people asking if I was pregnant. I wish you the best in your weight loss journey.
  • slifter16
    Options
    @zoey thank you so much. It's going to be a tough journey for me but I am ready for it
  • slifter16
    Options
    MsNika83 wrote: »
    I'm sorry that you were bullied growing up. Kids can be so mean and cruel. I'm glad that you recognized that you were worth more and deserve to be treated better by men. It sucks having low self esteem. I battle with mine everyday. I constantly cover up my stomach or at least try to because I got tired of people asking if I was pregnant. I wish you the best in your weight loss journey.
    Thanks so much Nika. It's going to be tough for me but I'm not going to give up
  • 737jac737
    737jac737 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I was bullied so badly in middle school I made myself sick so I didn't have to go to school. Fudge them. I grew up to be an NFL cheerleader. They can suck my protein shake. YOU GO GIRL. If you need motivation just friend me.
  • slifter16
    Options
    737jac737 wrote: »
    I was bullied so badly in middle school I made myself sick so I didn't have to go to school. Fudge them. I grew up to be an NFL cheerleader. They can suck my protein shake. YOU GO GIRL. If you need motivation just friend me.

Thanks girly , that's exactly what I'm going to do.. SHOW THOSE *kitten* WHAT THEYRE MISSING