Hello community! Wanna be friends? 30 day shred anyone?

Options
Hey everyone!
I'm still so new here, I used to use 'Lose it' on my Iphone but would have to look up calories on here and so I thought why not switch. As I realize what a big community is behind this site, I am getting more and more excited about losing weight and sharing my experience. I don't have a lot of friends that are very interested in weight loss, most of them don't really need to be, and I feel like a greenhorn trying to talk to them about healthy eating.
My lifestyle change started when I became a vegetarian 5 month ago which made me lose 6 lbs from my starting weight 159 lbs down to 153 lbs (I'm 5 ft 9 in). Then my qualifying exams got in the way and because I am such an emotional eater, I would shove weekloads of cookies and other bad foods in my body trying to eat the stress away. Somehow, I think it was the late-night studying and humongous amounts of stress, I managed to stay at 153 lbs.
Anyhow, I am already talking too much, my final weight goal is anywhere between 138-140 lbs. When I started it was really just about the number on the scale but as I look at all these posts and the amazing and inspiring stories I realize that I really also want to get much fitter and stronger. I am running in the morning but not for long, usually 2-3 miles just so I can eat more ^^, and I recently picked up tennis but this site got me really excited to actually be more toned.
Even loosing that little bit of weight while becoming a vegetarian has given me so much more confidence day in and day out that I just picture myself so strong and happy being fit and having a tummy that I actually want to show off and not suck in every time I sit down.
So long story short, I learned about the 30 day shred DVD on here and I think it would be the perfect way for me to get started with an exercise routine. A total of 30 minutes is absolutely doable for me in the mornings which is my favorite workout time anyway. I also like that I don't need much else for the program and that I can do it at home. So I decided that I am going to do it. And I'm so pumped about this!!
Everyone that wants to join me is more than welcome!! I would love to have some other people go along with me so that we can motivate each other! Feel free to add me as a friend and send me a message!!

And while I'm writing this, I might as well ask some questions too. Do you think I should stop my morning runs and do the 30 day shred instead or would it be a good idea to alternate? I don't think I have time for both, unless I make it a 15 mins run and use it as a warm up. Any ideas?
Thanks for everything!!

Replies

• Kelblue1
    Kelblue1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I am on week two on the 30DS. I love it!! But I do run 3 mornings a week also. I am a stay at home mom so I do the 30DS when my little one is napping. If you can't do both then alternate. I have missed about 4 days of the shred and am just going to go 4 days past my end date so that I can make them up!
  • elainemcg
    elainemcg Posts: 25
    Options
    hi, i am new to this site and have no idea what the 30ds is could anyone please enlighten me, thanks xx
  • cori314
    cori314 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was day 2 in level 1 of 30DS. I'm hurting in places I didn't even know I had! But I'm happy because that means I'm working hard. It's fun, and Jillian doesn't play around. She gives tough love and that really works for me.
    I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
    I'm a newbie myself!
    Welcome!!! :flowerforyou:
  • AEcklar813
    AEcklar813 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Today was supposed to be my day 7 of the 30DS and I didn't do it. I was going to do it while my daughters napped but I just lost motivation today. Ugh, I hate that too since I was going strong with it. Maybe I'll do it tonight when she goes to bed.

Anyhow, good for you for wanting to be healthier =) I wish I could run 2-3 miles lol. I can walk them no problem but sure not run!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I'm on level 1 day 5 of the shred, i'm loving it!

I'm also 5ft 9, my GW is 143.
  • myboysmomx2
    myboysmomx2 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Hi there...I'm doing 30 Day Shred among other things. I just finished day seven, however, I'm alternating 30DS with power walking and step aerobics. I try to get weightlifting in every other day, but I've got to get better about that. I decided to alternate because I didn't want to lose the progress that I've made in other areas plus doing the same thing day in and day out is kinda boring. I like to keep things fresh, interesting, and fun. If you haven't started 30DS yet, it's a lot harder than it looks, but it's worth it. It's a great workout! My husband also used Lose It for about a year but when I first got started and tried logging into the site it was having trouble for a couple of days. So, I found MFP and we both switched. He likes MFP WAY better!!!! I'm so glad I found it. I think you'll love it on here!!!!! Have fun with Jillian! LOL!!!!
  • hollywilli
    Options
    I love, love, love 30 day shred! It's how I initially got myself motivated about a year ago to tone up. It's so challenging, but you can do anything for 30 minutes! Another great Jillian video is Ripped in 30. I just finished that 30 days and definitely saw results. It's very similar to shred, but with 4 levels instead of 3. It's no joke! I like to alternate running in with the 30 day shred, and sometimes do 30 day shred in the morning and go for a 3 mile jog in the evening after work.
  • myboysmomx2
    myboysmomx2 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    hi, i am new to this site and have no idea what the 30ds is could anyone please enlighten me, thanks xx

It's Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred workout on DVD.
  • LoraEllen
    LoraEllen Posts: 81
    Options
    I had planned to start the 30 Day Shred on July 1st and was looking for a group that was doing it that I could plug in to......and then I saw your post!!! Perfect timing. For elainemcg.........its Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred which is a DVD workout. You can find it at walmart, target, etc...and it can also be ordered online at amazon.com. I got mine on amazon including delivery for under $10. I watched the first workout and its no joke....but I'm excited to get started. I'll send you a friend request!

Good luck to everyone giving this workout a try for July! Let's keep each other motivated....NO GIVING UP!

Melloxyellow........I've been there and please please please don't break your week long streak today! Think of all you have accomplished and all you want to accomplish and TURN ON THE DVD!!! You can do it! You will feel so incredibly proud of yourself tonight when you lay your head down on your pillow that you did the workout and didn't let lack of motivation get the best of you! Just think of this.......If Jillian were in your living room standing over you....would you give up and go to bed without doing the workout?? :) Good Luck!!
  • Evotchka
    Evotchka Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the motivation!!
    And thanks hollywilly, that's exactly what I'm hoping for, to get really into the toning up thing!!
  • Evotchka
    Evotchka Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I had planned to start the 30 Day Shred on July 1st and was looking for a group that was doing it that I could plug in to......and then I saw your post!!! Perfect timing. For elainemcg.........its Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred which is a DVD workout. You can find it at walmart, target, etc...and it can also be ordered online at amazon.com. I got mine on amazon including delivery for under $10. I watched the first workout and its no joke....but I'm excited to get started. I'll send you a friend request!

Good luck to everyone giving this workout a try for July! Let's keep each other motivated....NO GIVING UP!

Melloxyellow........I've been there and please please please don't break your week long streak today! Think of all you have accomplished and all you want to accomplish and TURN ON THE DVD!!! You can do it! You will feel so incredibly proud of yourself tonight when you lay your head down on your pillow that you did the workout and didn't let lack of motivation get the best of you! Just think of this.......If Jillian were in your living room standing over you....would you give up and go to bed without doing the workout?? :) Good Luck!!

YAYY let's motivate each other together!! I'm so excited, I'm buying the DVD tonight and 1st of July sounds great for me!
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I just did Day 1 Level 1 of 30DS, so I'm excited to see this message board :) I'm trying to lose about 50lb, but my short term goal is 15 by 08/17 *fingers crossed* My husband, daughter and I are flying US to UK that day to visit some family.
  • stephhrae
    stephhrae Posts: 9
    Options
    I just finished day two of the 30ds on level two.. I did level one yesterday, and thought I'd see how hard level 2 was. (not too terrible considering I was SUPER sore all day today from yesterday.)

I think I might alternate everyday from level one to level 2 until I can make it all the way to level three!
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I just finished day two of the 30ds on level two.. I did level one yesterday, and thought I'd see how hard level 2 was. (not too terrible considering I was SUPER sore all day today from yesterday.)

I think I might alternate everyday from level one to level 2 until I can make it all the way to level three!

I haven't even looked at level 2 yet, lol, but I hope I'm there soon!