Summer Shredding Anyone?

Options
2»

Replies

• Antd420
    Antd420 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    Been cutting at 3700-3800 calories at 190 P.

That's pretty impressive! I'm very jealous, I'm cutting at 1700-1800.
  • nzchikky
    nzchikky Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Just turning winter here in NZ, but gosh darn it I just need to shift this weight now it's starting to get to me lol I'm more focused than ever though.
  • Tsartele
    Tsartele Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Anyone else trying to lose weight for this warm weather? Currently eating 1800 calories with 150g of protein to keep the muscle. I lift 4-5 times a week.

I've been doing the shred for the last 3 months.. I'm lifting 3 times a week and cardio 3 times a week. 1400 cals seems to be my sweet spot
  • joesanabria33
    joesanabria33 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Tsartele wrote: »
    Anyone else trying to lose weight for this warm weather? Currently eating 1800 calories with 150g of protein to keep the muscle. I lift 4-5 times a week.

I've been doing the shred for the last 3 months.. I'm lifting 3 times a week and cardio 3 times a week. 1400 cals seems to be my sweet spot

1400?! Lord 1800 is tough with lifting. You are tough make sure you don't go catabolic and lose your muscle. I'm feeling great energy wise at 1800 and lifts are still great. Nothing has dropped off but my job has me standing still mostly.
  • joesanabria33
    Options
    So if one was trying to burn fat and obtain a leaner body what should I do?

I lost 50lbs lifting weights no cardio. 60 second rest periods. Currently I have 5-10lbs to lose for my abs to look more define so I incorporated cardio with weight training. 5 days of lifting and 15mins of elliptical at the end of each session.
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options

Dude, what are you doing to be able to eat that many calories and still be in a deficit? I'm 218, 6'1 and need to eat below 3300 calories to cut.
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options

Uh... I'm cutting on 1400 (or 1500, or 1600... I'm pretty sloppy), and I'm a 5'5" woman.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    So if one was trying to burn fat and obtain a leaner body what should I do?

Lift heavy with structured program that has a progressive overload and focuses on compound lifts, eat .8-1g protein per pound of body weight or lean mass, moderate deficit, moderate cardio.
  • joesanabria33
    Options
    My Progress so far. Getting close to where I want to be but still more work. That's 161 lbs no clue on body fat maybe 18%.

3d5swxsq9lg5.jpg
  • jgkoutr
    jgkoutr Posts: 8,105 Member
    Options
    Looking good
  • joesanabria33
    Options
    jgkoutr wrote: »
    Looking good

Thanks! Appreciate it
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    wilsoncl6 wrote: »

Dude, what are you doing to be able to eat that many calories and still be in a deficit? I'm 218, 6'1 and need to eat below 3300 calories to cut.
    I'm 6'3 212lb at 12-13% ish body fat and one of the most physical jobs so that helps.
    I also reverse diet out of my bulks so I get maximum calorie intake when all said and done.
  • williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options
    I've been trying since January lol
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options

Sweet spot for what?