The Biggest Loser

Options
lisabauman
lisabauman Posts: 11
edited November 2023 in Health and Weight Loss
Anyone else watching the new season? Has anyone tried the Biggest Loser Club ever? I was wondering what it was like. I love working out while watching the show, it's so motivating!

I love the show, but need to vent about the black team after last night's episode ~ it has been three weeks, I'm kind of tired of hearing them whining about not being picked for the red or blue teams. Hello ~ not everyone can be picked the way the show is set up. Stop taking it so personally and get over it already!

Replies

• lisabauman
    Options
    Anyone else watching the new season? Has anyone tried the Biggest Loser Club ever? I was wondering what it was like. I love working out while watching the show, it's so motivating!

I love the show, but need to vent about the black team after last night's episode ~ it has been three weeks, I'm kind of tired of hearing them whining about not being picked for the red or blue teams. Hello ~ not everyone can be picked the way the show is set up. Stop taking it so personally and get over it already!
  • Minerva
    Minerva Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I hated that they sent Jerry home! I thought they should have sent Amy. Jerry looked great in the end though. Down to 209 - WOW! My 9 year old and I watch the show. He was getting a little chubby last year and since then, we have done a lot more running and I've tried really hard to help him make healthier food choices.
  • lisabauman
    Options
    Oh yeah ~ I was very mad that they sent Jerry home ~ and I think it is a big mistake for them as a team to have voted off their captain.
    He does look fabulous (and pretty buff!) ~ an inspiration for anyone who is struggling and doubting what they can do.
    My boyfriend always laughs at me when I watch that show because I get teary eyed and cry right along with the contestants and with the trainers.
  • NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I exercise during the show, too. Ride my bike while I'm watching. It is very motivating to me. Kind of the whole "if they can do that then I can too" sort of thing.

Anyway, it was too bad they sent Jerry home and he did look great in his after shots BUT I thought his attitude was horrible. His "now the winner won't come from the blue team" comments and such... I really felt like he was being a poor sport.

As for the black team, the way they keep going on and on it's almost like Jillian reprogrammed their minds in the desert and they can't get past it. She kept pushing it in the faces of already insecure people that they were the unwanted. It wouldn't take much to make them totally believe it.

I do enjoy watching the show, overall. And, I think Allison is doing well as the new host.

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!!
    Niccole
  • tanyafuller
    Options
    i have not missed a season yet, i am currently doing the biggest loser workout video (season one) with Bob Harper and I am telling you what he kicks butt....i also bought the biggest looser book and it is a great motivator , it has some great recipes in there for you.
    i wish you luck on your journey!!! Tanya
  • musicbox5
    Options
    I've been watching The Biggest Loser ever since it's first season and I just absolutely love it. :) I agree with it being a great motiviational tool in my personal life and I love to see how they drop the weight every week! (Although they didn't lose that much last night... but hey, that's how it goes sometimes!)

I've posted my personal story in the "introduce yourself" section but I also wanted to mention that I just received the Biggest Loser books in the mail today. Ones a cookbook, a calorie counter book and a book on how the whole program works. Hopefully when I read through the three of them, they'll give some good tips/advice.

One of the best things I love about the show is that theme song. It gives me inspiration when I go for my 50 minute walks... that I know I'm doing something for myself that will keep me healthy and realizing that I'm not alone when it comes to struggling with weight.
This discussion has been closed.