SLIMFAST

Options
has anyone had any luck with these shakes.

Replies

• Vegplotter
    Vegplotter Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I read the contents and didn't look further. Instead I bought a £20 stick blender and make my own shakes using fresh fruit and raw whole milk. I'm losing quickly and healthily. (Though you do have to watch your nutrition more closely.)
  • juliejenkinspost
    juliejenkinspost Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I sometimes have one for my breakfast when I'm at work. They don't seem like much and have more calories than my usual porridge but somehow they keep me going longer, and they taste nice too!!
  • elisabethkerry
    elisabethkerry Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I lost a lot of weight from doing slim fast but struggled to keep it off. They are quite high in sugar too. I wouldn't do it over a long period but as a kick start for a couple of weeks it's ok.
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I considered slim fast until I read the label of ingredients and decided absolutely not will not put that in my body.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Sugar. Gack!

Nothing wrong with a meal replacement shake now and then (even every day) but I'd look at whey powder protein shakes (and a multivitamin maybe?) first. Cheaper, less sugar. I usually buy the vanilla and then add peanut butter or cocoa powder or even orange flavoring if I get board of vanilla. For lower calorie, mix it with unsweetened almond milk or water. For higher calorie mix it with vitamin d milk and a banana.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I considered slim fast until I read the label of ingredients and decided absolutely not will not put that in my body.

Agree, nutritionally it's pretty awful and most of the good stuff comes from the milk and not the powder.

An interesting comparison: Slimfast versus a glass of milk, an apple and a multivitamin. (No I'm not suggesting that's a meal !!)

Weight loss isn't what most people fail at, it's keeping the weight off and you won't learn to make good choices and portion control drinking Slimfast.
  • Alarae21
    Alarae21 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Depends what you want it for I guess, and while it will help you lose weight as they are low calorie it won't teach you good eating habits if you are substituting two meals a day.

I do have a shake for breakfast during the week as it helps with my satiety, however I've gone with an actual protein shake and not something like slimfast, so nutritionally it is better. It helps that it also tastes like a creamy chocolate milkshake so I'm happy to have that for breakfast every day. Bonus that it boosts my protein intake for the day as well.
  • KetoTeacher
    KetoTeacher Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Alarae21 wrote: »
    Depends what you want it for I guess, and while it will help you lose weight as they are low calorie it won't teach you good eating habits if you are substituting two meals a day.

I do have a shake for breakfast during the week as it helps with my satiety, however I've gone with an actual protein shake and not something like slimfast, so nutritionally it is better. It helps that it also tastes like a creamy chocolate milkshake so I'm happy to have that for breakfast every day. Bonus that it boosts my protein intake for the day as well.

I also do Slimfast Advance. As it has higher protein and less sugar. I do this for the same reasons. It is quick and helps get my protein in :)